Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Grandstage.....Anyone tried it?

Hey all! Does anyone know if you can set an expression pedal to control the "amp drive" level on the Grandstage?

Good idea, but unfortunately, no :(

I believe you can for organ type patches:

According to the MIDI Guide page 12:

Volume control

CC#11: Expression [bn, 0B, vv]

Adjusts the volume of the program. This controls the volume on the output line for both the KEYBOARDS and ENSEMBLE sections.

Note: On the CX-3 type organ programs, this controls the volume before the rotary speaker input. Recreates the effect of an expression pedal used with drawbar organs. The expression pedal effect can be recreated in the same way for VOX organ and electric organ programs as well.

Note:This functions differently from normal in some programs. For programs that include the words 'Pedal Wah', the pedal controls the pedal wah effect within the program, not the volume. When the 'Foot - Pedal' function in system settings is set to 'Expression (CC#11)' and the pedal is operated, an expression message will be transmitted, and the volume will change. When an expression message is received by another device, a similar effect to the one that is applied when operating the pedal on the Grandstage will apply.

The pedal should be configured to send CC 11 by default but if not you can set it under system settings (p 15 of the user manual)

Hey all! Does anyone know if you can set an expression pedal to control the "amp drive" level on the Grandstage?

Volume control

Adjusts the volume of the program. This controls the volume on the output line for both the KEYBOARDS and ENSEMBLE sections.

Note: On the CX-3 type organ programs, this controls the volume before the rotary speaker input. Recreates the effect of an expression pedal used with drawbar organs. The expression pedal effect can be recreated in the same way for VOX organ and electric organ programs as well.

Note:This functions differently from normal in some programs. For programs that include the words 'Pedal Wah', the pedal controls the pedal wah effect within the program, not the volume. When the 'Foot - Pedal' function in system settings is set to 'Expression (CC#11)' and the pedal is operated, an expression message will be transmitted, and the volume will change. When an expression message is received by another device, a similar effect to the one that is applied when operating the pedal on the Grandstage will apply.

The pedal should be configured to send CC 11 by default but if not you can set it under system settings (p 15 of the user manual)

I was hoping it could be done for EP's, since there is no way to adjust "amp drive" level on the panel (I don't think) other than through "edit" menus, or (on/off) S1 switch.

(BTW, I don't own a Grandstage, but thinking of buying the 73key. The manual is kind of confusing (to me) on this issue, and no stores near me have ever had them on demo.)

I was hoping it could be done for EP's, since there is no way to adjust "amp drive" level on the panel (I don't think) other than through "edit" menus, or (on/off) S1 switch.

In that case I believe Drawback got it exactly right.

In that case I believe Drawback got it exactly right.

Dang! Oh well.......I suppose a Ventilator pedal sitting on top would be overkill, but might be a fun combination.

Volume control

(BTW, I don't own a Grandstage, but thinking of buying the 73key. The manual is kind of confusing (to me) on this issue, and no stores near me have ever had them on demo.)

Maybe SV2-73 may be better choice for you?

Yamaha P-515, Korg SV-2 73, Kurzweil PC4-7

What makes it so heavy (44lbs) compared to Keylab-88 (32lbs)? Is it using a Fatar action or some proprietary assembly?

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

It would, but I've got to be able to create my own layers without a PC, among a few other issues. I wish Korg would combine the best qualities of both into another product......the "Grandstage-SV".....:)

It would, but I've got to be able to create my own layers without a PC, among a few other issues. I wish Korg would combine the best qualities of both into another product......the "Grandstage-SV".....:)

What about a Grandstage and a add on drive pedal?

What makes it so heavy (44lbs) compared to Keylab-88 (32lbs)? Is it using a Fatar action or some proprietary assembly?

~ vonnor

It's Korg RH3 action, same as in Kronos.

One factor would be the MDF base & plastic. The Keylab has an aluminum shell.

Here for the gear.

What about a Grandstage and a add on drive pedal?

That would be cool, but it would have to be a stereo drive. That's why I mentioned the Ventilator, but I'm not sure if the "drive" sounds good on EPs/Clav/etc.. or not.