Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Distill yourself down to a MIDI pack and cash in...

Industrious Piano/Keyboard player Niko Kotulas - https://www.youtube.com/c/nikokotoulasmusic

Plays common and popular chord progressions, bass patterns, melodies - does them in various likable styles/patterns and packages for EDM producers to write songs quickly.

https://shop.pianoforproducers.com/midi-pack-melodies38052376

"I highly recommend Niko's MIDI pack. I can say I have written over 20 songs just using his MIDI pack. Highly recommend, 10/10"

"In my opinion, this is worth thousands of dollars. This guy (Niko) is unbelievable. I definetely recommend Niko and this MIDI pack."

"I recently got my hands on Niko's MIDI pack and man, it has made my life so much easier when I'm doing a new writing session with somebody."

[video:youtube]

Cudos to finding a way to make money in music and being industrious enough to research what his market needs/wants, develop it and tirelessly market it.

Thoughts?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it endlessly fascinating how YouTube ad targeting misses the mark just a little bit every time, and light years other times.

Example for the first: I can understand that the reason I'm getting ads for MIDI chord packs that say "If you know nothing about chord progressions this pack is for you!", is that the system knows I do music, but the system is not smart enough to also know that I know quite a bit about chord progressions.

Example for the second: I once got a YouTube ad trying to make me interested in buying a tank.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

"Talent in a Can"? Sometimes the salesperson from Sweetwater call me to see if I'll buy anything. I always tell them I need a couple of cases of talent. We laugh - ha ha. This product is sort of like software talent for those hard-working EDM producers who need to write songs quickly.

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

On a similar topic, Tim Pierce talks about his experience as a session player, discusses the change in musicianship requirements and repetitive chord progressions that have him constantly developing sound alike patterns to make tired progressions current.

OMG.

There are 12 different notes on the piano.

And each key is a different note.

This is a game changer for me ! ;)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

If only I could buy a product that made ot possible for me play hockey without having to learn how to skate or write novels without having to learn how to read.

And win the Stanley Cup, or in this case a Grammy!

My most head-smacking moment was seeing an ad whose lead line was "I just can't find loops that sound like me!" I reported it as offensive.

I am too busy to take lessons and practice. That stuff is BORING.

These loops allow give me all the time for 24/7 on line gaming. ;)

Where's my $5 for promoting ????

[70's Songwriter]

As audio became as easily editable as midi the power of creation has shifted entirely to the producer with a computer. Sample/midi packs are a lot cheaper than having players in - professional session players for sure. And if you do want something unique - you need look no further than fiverr to find players itching to play for pennies, royalty free to get started.

The democratization of music production through affordable technology is constant.

It's about time we took the writers and performers out of the process. Ahh, progress!

this 'progress ' is wonderful. Especially if I am not 1 bit creative and want to see myself on YouTube

can't wait to follow the herd and show off mediocrity ;)

[70's Songwriter]

I did like watching the assessments of the drummers. He had some good feedback on their performances. Although, totally not the intent, I found myself thinking THEY should be paying him.

I think real drummers are in a predicament. { yes, I am aware 'real drummers ' are best for a performance]

Its not difficult to get very/good excellent percussion results with todays digital tools,, this has been the case for +10 years.

[70's Songwriter]

too much work..too many old school keys.

the keyboard must have voice activated presets like:

-Make hit song like Post Malone

- make violent video game music

And so on.

and it has to be no bigger than my iPad.

[70's Songwriter]

too much work..too many old school keys.

What's with the 2nd Octave of keys???? ;)

I know, wayyy to large for my back pack

As the young lady demonstrates, 1 hand is good enough.

I still think voice commands are the path to musical production fame and fortune

Being young and cute is part of fame.

[70's Songwriter]

Instead of distilling myself down to a midi pack, I'm working on distilling the rest of the band down to midi. I got a midi sequencer and I'm working on midifying drums, bass and whatever else a backing track needs . No drummer for the gig? No prob. Bass player has c19? No prob.

I prefer playing with people but I think gigging musicians will be hard to round up for a long time. And gig payscale will be down . Ever see the video for Mac's coming up?[video:youtube]

FunMachine.

:)

The midi tracked dance band is so 1994. You need to get with the 2010s and pre-record everything in pro tools and just dance to the DAW!

I would but I cant dance.

either can I.

I hired 3 young lady dancers.

I figured out long ago, the audience isn't that interested to see some guy on keyboards.

Sure, we can go down memory lane with Elton, and others, but really, this is 2020.

[70's Songwriter]

:)

The midi tracked dance band is so 1994. You need to get with the 2010s and pre-record everything in pro tools and just dance to the DAW!

I would but I cant dance.

either can I.

I hired 3 young lady dancers.

I figured out long ago, the audience isn't that interested to see some guy on keyboards.

Sure, we can go down memory lane with Elton, and others, but really, this is 2020.

I thought about getting 3 young lady dancers but I cant figure out how to get them to respond to midi commands.

FunMachine.