Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

I don't check this thread as often as I should.

David, that was interesting to hear solo renditions of Gilberto Gil tunes. Really makes me want to get back into GG.

Jake, your playing is enjoyable as always. Man, that's a lot of solar panels! Are you growing cannibus? kidding, of course. But that's a lot of wattage to work with.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Adan,

I pay my lease company roughly $35.00 - 50.00 a month, and I usually get a credit from my utility company. My favorite sport is watching the electric meter roll backwards...........

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

• 2 weeks later...
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

• 3 weeks later...

My Top 40 band's arrangement of 'Canned Heat'. We've been sitting on this for awhile - all the vids we released this year were cut at the same session(s) last November and December. Fun to cop the Nu Disco vibe, I've always loved this song ever since it dropped in '99 (yes PRE Napoleon Dynamite).

[video:youtube]

]

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I may be in a large band, but I"m thankful I have to cover the strings and horns on keys. I can"t imagine how hard it is to tour with all of those members! Good job anyways, would"ve preferred to hear some synth strings in there, but I guess live is ok...

But it seems like you have such a fun band. What"s your favorite song to cover?

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

Good job anyways, would"ve preferred to hear some synth strings in there, but I guess live is ok...

I'll take live strings any day of the week over having to play them on keys.

But it seems like you have such a fun band. What"s your favorite song to cover?

Well it's mostly a working Top 40 band that plays no frills Top 40 covers for corporate events and weddings. But occasionally we do our Summer concert series and can incorporate more showcasey material, or we'll do videos like these, so I'd say my favorite stuff to play falls in that category. Our cover of Chaka Khan's 'I Feel For You' from 2016, or our back 5 minutes of Abbey Road Beatles Medley, Come Sail Away; stuff like that.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

A short solo piano concert I did during the Covid situation. weird to play without an audience and such a short gig. Sorry for the rambling in Norwegian between the songs, its just me explaining some of the motivation and intentions behind the compositions. All the compositions are originals and I`d say its about 50/50 composition and impro:) Hope you enjoy!

Inferno by Keith Emerson (Dario Argento)

This sound set uses the Montage sampled Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand as the main sound, with one volume pedal bringing in/out Strings, Woodwinds (e.g. Bassoon), and Timpani, while another volume pedal controls the volume of Orchestra Brass. While I don"t usually like overdubbing (it sometimes feels like cheating), you"ll notice the obvious overdubbing of the first several measures of high strings, which I couldn"t figure out another way to do.

My Top 40 band's arrangement of 'Canned Heat'. We've been sitting on this for awhile - all the vids we released this year were cut at the same session(s) last November and December. Fun to cop the Nu Disco vibe, I've always loved this song ever since it dropped in '99 (yes PRE Napoleon Dynamite).

Hell yeah Bobby, another great production from all angles. Always love your rhythm section's groove.

I came up with this nice fat arrangement for Superstition while I was jamming today. The performance is a little sterile because the video took around ten takes, but the audio is good quality since I used a direct line to my computer. Sigh, it's always so hard to find that spark again once you start trying to record yourself!

[video:youtube]

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation