Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Please forgive me, I've turned into a Behringer whore.

RABid

A few years ago I had to retire early and until SSN kicks in I am on half income. Still, I like my toys. Even cheap toys. One thing about playing guitar and bass. Toys are cheaper than they are for keyboards, and there is a big variety. Lately I've picked up pedals from Joyo. Donner, Kmise, and today I ordered some Behringer. A few years ago I would have considered this music blasphemy. Now I consider it economically feasible. I did learn that Behringer is the only supplier for some chips including the bucket brigade used in analog delay pedals. Even if you buy a big name expensive pedal, chances are it has some Behringer parts inside.

By the way, what is the deal with Behringer pedal availability? Most places are out of stock on almost all models. I got three from Sweetwater. All they had in stock. 4 from American Musical, all they had in stock. And found one for a decent price on Amazon. A lot of people are now selling them for big mark ups.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be a shipping/transport issue, as all of their products would be coming in from their Chinese factories, unless there's an issue with production, as well? They've been heavily pushing their Synth line, although I would thin those were different production lines.

B&H Photo usually has a good supply of Behringer pedals, but right now, nearly everything is showing as "Special Order", "back-ordered", or "More coming soon".

Here's a link to used Behringer pedals at GC. Not much there, but maybe something you were looking for?

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I needed a pitch shifter/ harmonist pedal for one friggin" tune. I picked up a Behringer U600 which is a rip-off of the Boss PS-5. It worked. The pedal was all plastic which would have probably led to eventual failure but I used a mechanical loop switcher and left all the pedals on all the time. I still have it. It still works.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

We've all done it. I don't regret it, when I needed a cheap mixer they certainly had one. By the time it became worthless and went away I was only out a few bucks.

I've certainly done worse.

Currently messing about with a DOD FX65 - analog stereo chorus. Thrift store find, a couple of bucks. Battery door is missing (aren't they all?). The On light stays on when it's plugged in but no chorus sounds. Can't get the footswitch to engage.

Will probably just flip it back out of my life but it was worth the gamble for the $3-4 I paid. I did find a Dunlop Bass Wah at Value Village for $6 in great shape and working perfectly. It was pretty cool but it wasn't "my" wah so I sold it for $65 - on to the next.

Which is on it's way. For studio work I bought a Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver DI V2. That will get used in my home studio, I suspect it is good for much more than just bass.

Have fun!!! If you are having fun then it's good. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

... Battery door is missing (aren't they all?). ...

My Danelectro Daddy O, excellent condition, that I just bought off of Ebay came in, missing the battery door. :P

The classic maneuver is to use a strip of duct tape.

Maybe we should start a battery door replacement vendor online and just sell battery doors. Would do very well for about 3-6 months, then it's time to go out of business and sell "rare battery door" on eBay for $15 each...

Maybe we should start a battery door replacement vendor online and just sell battery doors. Would do very well for about 3-6 months, then it's time to go out of business and sell "rare battery door" on eBay for $15 each...

Hopefully, after a few months either Gibson or Fender will buy you out for big money, right before sales trend down.

Hopefully, after a few months either Gibson or Fender will buy you out for big money, right before sales trend down.

Works for me!

... Battery door is missing (aren't they all?). ...

My Danelectro Daddy O, excellent condition, that I just bought off of Ebay came in, missing the battery door. :P

Sorry to hear that, as I'd recommended that model. I would not be pleased, much less consider missing parts to be "Excellent Condition". Fortunately, if you see one of the big red Fab Tone pedals, they generally run very cheap, and use the same door. I'll keep an eye out around here.

I have to wonder why no one with a 3-d printer is making battery doors for vintage effects? I see custom knobs & slider covers all the time.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

I will not judge anyone for buying any brand . But Behringer has a habit of copying gear(read ripping it off) and making it in china and selling it cheap. I was heavily invested in one such company in the 90 and early 2000s and lost a ton of my work to them, our engineer/owner tried to stop them with patent lawyers and they drove us broke. My work was basically stolen by them on two products, and the owner could do nothing he lost it all. A few years later he recovered well as did I , but that experience will turn you on a company quickly.

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

+1 Lokair, I'm not a fan of Behringer but I have to say they do put out some good sound at cheaper than cheap prices. So much so that you can toss their stuff when it breaks down and replace it cheaper than fixing a broken piece of high dollar stuff. Sorry to hear they caused your company legal problems... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

I had a Behrin*er bass head for a minute, when I first got to NYC.

It was a BX3000T (a "copy" of an Ashdown amp, iirc) it was used and affordable, it was adequate for home use, and I probably could have gigged with it.

It definitely sounded better when I used it just for power, paired with an SWR preamp.

I sold it to another bass player about 6 months after I bought it used, and it sold for exactly what I had paid, so, no money lost.

I would not buy any other products from them.

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

We've all done it. I don't regret it, when I needed a cheap mixer they certainly had one. By the time it became worthless and went away I was only out a few bucks.

I've certainly done worse.

Honestly, can"t say that I have. I don"t think I"ve bought a genuine cheapo pedal. The least I"ve spent on a pedal that I can think of was a used Krank Distortus Maximus I got for @$50.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I've never bought a Mooer, Donner, nor Joyo pedal, or any of the other super-cheap brands I see on Amazon, but I have found lots of cheap used pedals from Boss, MXR, EHX, and Ibanez. At one point I had around 160 pedals and footswitches, and many of them cost me $50 or less. I cleared out a lot of the excess a while back, but I still have around 70 in all.

Behringer seems to be one of those companies that people feel obligated to either love or hate, and it's obviously not just about the gear; Uli Behringer doesn't seem like someone I'd want to know or work for. In fairness, I have a Behringer Mixer that I've been using for 15 years, and have never had a problem with it. At the time I bought it, Mackie had already moved their production to China, so I didn't see any benefit in paying more for the Mackie name on what would still be a Chinese-made import.

I guess I don't expect much of a gear maker, other than that their gear works for me. Gibson has had a perfectly lousy reputation in the industry for a long time, for many reasons, but I'm not retiring my SG's in outrage. (Maybe if Hamer makes a real comeback . . .) Companies copy, and steal, and sue one another as if that were part of their original business plan; for all we know, it may be. At some point, every maker has made some questionable product or business decision: I just try to avoid their obvious mistakes (like the Firebird X), or at worst, I'll avoid their products altogether.

At one point I had around 160 pedals and footswitches

:o:ohmy::2thu:

@davedoerfler - In the meantime, I still have 5 Pedaltrain pedalboards, one for live sets with Novparolo, one for my old GR-30 (w/EV-5 & DP-2 mounted on it), one for my main pedalboard, and one just for footswitches & Exp pedals for my FX rack.

#5 is a spare 'board, just in case . . .

BTW, we should talk old keyboards (& modules) sometime.

I"m also a member of the wholelottapedals club. I stopped counting at thirty, and if my milk crates and underbed storage is any indication, they"re reproducing like tribbles.

At one point I had around 160 pedals and footswitches,

I think there's a 12 step program available . . .

You should use pedal switchers, simulators or MIDI setups to get around 12 step programs.

...waitaminit...

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I"m also a member of the wholelottapedals club. I stopped counting at thirty, and if my milk crates and underbed storage is any indication, they"re reproducing like tribbles.

At one point I had around 160 pedals and footswitches,

I think there's a 12 step program available . . .

You should use pedal switchers, simulators or MIDI setups to get around 12 step programs.

...waitaminit...

"One Switch To Rule Them All . . ."

Still looking for it . . . BTW, with the addition of the Nebula IV, today's count is 73.

The nice thing about guitar pedals. I have pedals that I bought 10 years ago that are just as nice today. For 40 years I played keyboards. Digital. Every couple years a new model would come out and devaluate what I had. I was always compelled to upgrade because like computer, the sample memory and polyphony kept going up. But pedals? .... I have a version 2 OCD that is valued BECAUSE it is version 2 out of 7.