Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

An All-White-Key Piano, For No Apparent Reason

White Keys Matter?

Or perhaps there was a shortage of Grenadilla (sometimes called Madagascar Ebony).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a nightmare a concert pianist would have before a big recital.

It's funny you should say that. I actually once had an anxiety dream before a big gig where I walked on stage and sat down at the piano, only to discover that all the keys were reversed in pitch - from the lowest at the far right up to the highest at the far left.

I never got to find out what it would sound like trying to play it as I woke up as soon as the horror struck me that the gig was about to start. Probably just as well.

I'm curious about the strange transition behind the divider, where office girl transforms into concert pianist and back. The original producers of the video must have some message in there relating to the piano. " Now any office girl in smock can become concert pianist by removal of pesky black keys"

I'm curious about the strange transition behind the divider, where office girl transforms into concert pianist and back. The original producers of the video must have some message in there relating to the piano. " Now any office girl in smock can become concert pianist by removal of pesky black keys"

I thought exactly the same thing.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

Finally a piano for classical nerds who don't think Hanon should be played in 12 keys.

I do the Hanons in all 7 scales. C ionian, D dorian, E phrygian, etc.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

That looks like a nightmare a concert pianist would have before a big recital.

Or any player. Even the start of the video is like a dream/nightmare where she's wearing the smock, walks behind the wall and is dressed up.

:idk:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

That piano gives me nightmares as a former piano student. I mean you can play C pelog 6 though...
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

I get the same effect at home part of my practicing scales I put on one of sleep masks and practice or at night turn down the lights. That way I can work on spacial awareness and "seeing" the keyboard in my head to know where I'm at. So who needs an all white keyed piano that cost $$$$$ when I can just turn out the lights.

I got into this as a guitar player and Joe Diorio this was one of his things he suggested to do. When you don't see the instrument you focus more on how you finger the notes to control the sound you're creating.

I'd like to know what they're trying to say with this video. There must be some linguistic or cultural clue in there that perhaps only a native Japanese person would catch. Anybody?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain