Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Opinions needed re: forum issues

Hi, guys -

Hey, I have a few things I wanted to ask you about, if you can spare a minute. :puff:

⢠Do y'all want to give the forum a name other than Guitar Forum? Kinda generic...I kinda wanna believe there's a more entertaning option. :idk:

⢠I've been PM'd regarding an old function - the NOTIFY button. I looked for it, but it seems that the feature is no longer available. This leads me to want to ask one more question.

⢠Would you guys like to do anything about the mod situation here? If so, how can I help? If not, how do you see the forum ideally policed (if at all)

I have no desire to make any change that you guys don't want...but if you go wanna see any of these things addressed, I'm happy to try and help.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Plinkers Paradise"

"The Too Loudests"

"Where The Tone Is"

We have a Mod? They are super mellow if so, or perhaps there isn't much needs done? I haven't seen anybody post anything offensive or inappropriate here, or mostly pretty much anywhere on MPN.

Well, except maybe me once or something...

I think it's awesome y'all checking in on us. I would like to see more traffic, not sure how to build it. Great bunch on here now. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I like Guitar Player, I suggest we leave it as it is name wise.

It would be nice if we can just click the "like" button next to the reply and quote button on the lower right hand side of the post you wish to like without it going to another step to confirm the like.....I just hit the like button and confirmed it on the post above to illustrate what I am taking about

+1 DBM, I like "Guitar Player Forum" for the name (GPF as it used to be). Like Kuru says we have such a great group of people that our Mods are as lonely as the Maytag repairman LOL! I'm told we can always just send a PM to Dave Bryce if we have a problem child and he will take care of any issues. I think Bluesape would make a great back up Mod if Dave is on vacation. Myles seems to have disappeared since his last post April 2019. Haven't heard from GuardiansGuitar for awhile either.

I think the "Notify" button was a good feature that let us contact the Mods when there were spammers, hackers, promotors, foul language, trolls, music posters, etc. The PM's could work just as well as the notify button IMHO, if it ever becomes necessary to notify the mods. We just need to know who they are and/or if they are still active? The music postings should be automatically moved to the "Post Your Music Here" part of our forum. Otherwise, this part of the forum could get backed up with One Hit Wonders LOL!

Anyway, thanks Dave for allowing us to give a little feedback! This is a great bunch of people and we welcome new members from all over the world that share our love of music, guitars and equipment! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

Naming is always a pain be it bands, forums, pets, kids, etc. Guitar Player Forum seems adequate, but is the forum still run by/affiliated with/whatever wih Music Player Inc. or whatever IT'S named? If not, maybe a change wouldn't be out of line.

But don't ask me what it should be.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

We can't call it Guitar Player forum. "Guitar Player" is a Future PLC property. That's why it's currently called Guitar Forum.

dB

So far I like "Goes To Eleven" the best...

Hi, guys -

⢠I've been PM'd regarding an old function - the NOTIFY button. I looked for it, but it seems that the feature is no longer available.

Actually it is!

Check it out - up in the corner of each post is a downwards arrow. There are several post options there, including Report Post.

Not exactly what I'd call the most intuitive interface... :facepalm:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Now I know everything, almost... sort of....

It is good to know this, now that you mention it I realize I have never really noticed but downward arrow is obvious now.

I shoudl be smarter than I am but that takes work...

I thought of something just now while posting!!!!

Instead of "mark as edited" being the default, what if it was the option?

Then if you blast off a post and when it pops back up on the screen and you realize that you misspelled a word (again), you could just click Edit Post, fix the stupid word and pop it back up without unclicking "Mark as Edited" since all you've done is properly spell a word. Make sense?

For me the question is "do you want to combine it with the bass forum". Now your first reaction might be "absolutely not"! But think a minute. Many people who play one play the other. Many questions are relevant to both forums, such as question about effects pedals. And you could then also include other stringed instruments. Ukulele is getting very popular as of late. And then there is banjo, dulcimer, etc... A uniform forum would give those people a place to go. ... ... ... Just a thought.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Then if you blast off a post and when it pops back up on the screen and you realize that you misspelled a word (again), you could just click Edit Post, fix the stupid word and pop it back up without unclicking "Edit Post" since all you've done is properly spell a word. Make sense?

+ one on the above

How about if "Keep me logged in" actually kept one logged in? I have to sign in again at least once a week now. Never had to do that before the new server migration last year or whenever.

+ 1 on the above.

For me the question is "do you want to combine it with the bass forum". Now your first reaction might be "absolutely not"! But think a minute. Many people who play one play the other. Many questions are relevant to both forums, such as question about effects pedals. And you could then also include other stringed instruments. Ukulele is getting very popular as of late. And then there is banjo, dulcimer, etc... A uniform forum would give those people a place to go. ... ... ... Just a thought.

We could do all strings really without too much confusion, I would not be against that.

We have always welcomed bass players and keyboard players on the guitar forum. I think combining the bass and guitar forums would be a good idea. Perhaps some of the people on this forum that also visits the bass forum can let us know if it would be of interest to them? :cool:
Take care, Larryz