Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Merch for the CASIO fans...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of like person, woman, man, camera, TV.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Funny I grew up with Casio being cheap calculators and watches and just hard to think of them as a keyboard company. So whenever I hear the name Casio the first thing that hits me is "cheap".
Yeah, I thought "watches" until I got my CZ-1 and used it for all my synth and even organ parts. 20 years later, reading about the PX pianos on this forum, I purchased a PX-5S. Even though its action is a little too stiff for my scrawny arms, I have no regrets buying it because it sounds beautiful, responds beautifully, and has great goodies under the hood.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

I was always a Casio fan. I like the rhythms on it. Even though I never had any, Technics KN series and Roland intelligent arrangers are a close second.
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

Still powers on and the backlight works after 22 years. Felt like I was on top of the techno world when I connected it with a ethernet cable at a customer site and downloaded all of my emails from that day to read on the plane on the way home.

1293.thumb.jpg.4dd5a60818641fcf70e964f0a4ec1dac.jpg

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K