Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Peter Green

https://www.theguardian.com/music/video/2020/jul/25/peter-green-fleetwood-mac-co-founder-dies-aged-73-video-obituary

Co-founder of Fleetwood Mac and one of the best of the British electric blues guitarists, IMHO up there with Clapton, Page, and Beck.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was supposed to open for him about 12 years ago at BB Kings in NYC... main stage.. we were all looking forward to the gig - and staying true to form he canceled a week and a half before ...

He did have a rough life.... supposedly on after gig party in Germany in the late 60's someone dosed him w/o his knowledge and another band mate with a huge amount of micrograms of LSD and he was never the same

he had trouble after that.... walked out on contracts with millions of dollars on the table, Mick Fleetwood was shocked... but he was brilliant... his phrasing was really really good, next level for those times good... and he wrote Black Magic Woman,,,

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Both he and Danny Kirwan made such huge contributions and both at such a young age.

The rock and roll lifestyle took many back then.... At least Peter and Danny lived through all of it but at a huge cost.

The Beatles tune Here Comes The Sun King was highly influenced by Fleetwood Mac's Alnbatross. I always heard the influence of early 60s instrumentals in Fleetwood Mac and I appreciated their ability to make simple structures effective.

Unfortunately Peter suffered too much damage to ever make an effective comeback. Anyone who thinks that the party substances of the 60s were harmless has only to look at Peters case. I hope his later years were at least pleasant....his contribution was enormous.

My main band did a version of this a while back. Peter Green's performance on this recording is outstanding. [video:youtube]
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Here Comes the Sun King? Is that one of the mash-ups from the Love production?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

On tonight's rehearsal roster for my classic rock covers band: Black Magic Woman.

(Not because of PG's death, just a coincidence... this Santana cover was one we meant to add to our roster months ago... just getting around to it now).

So, now that he's gone... we are doing it "in tribute" to PG.

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M