Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tech 21 Bass Driver Di V2?

Anybody use one? Good, bad or indifferent?

I've got the Tri-AC guitar pedal and can get a good bass tone with it but this looks like a better choice for bass work.

I appreciate all comments!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about that one in particular, but there were several forumites in the past who used the programable Bass Driver and loved it. Plus I'm enjoying the Fly Rig which has a similar SansAmp feature. Seems to be a good tool to have in the arsenal. Go for it!

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Not sure about that one in particular, but there were several forumites in the past who used the programable Bass Driver and loved it. Plus I'm enjoying the Fly Rig which has a similar SansAmp feature. Seems to be a good tool to have in the arsenal. Go for it!

I went for it, last night got one for $160 including tax and shipping wth a 30 day return policy.

I've had great results from Tech 21 products, this will become my "channel strip" for recording bass as a primary function and may get some gig use here and there as well.

Well, they sent the wrong item, it was a V1 not V2. I don't want it, filed with eBay for a refund or replacement with correct item.

This is the best thing about eBay, they don't tolerate buyer problems with sellers, sellers always lose.

Not always so great if you are the seller. Ugh, I was happy until I opened the box. So it goes...

Close, but no cigar...

Indeed. The V2 has a mid knob and you can select frequencies on both the bass and mid knobs.

That is a compelling difference, it's the reason I wanted it in the ifrst place.

I have the original. A great piece of kit. Very respected.

Yes, a mainstay in recording studios all over the planet. Lots of bassists have them in their kit as well.

The reason I didn't want the original and now have a real version 2 on the way is the new features. They really upped the game. First, they added a Midrange knob, that alone is huge.

Then, they added 2 switches. One switches the bass tone control center from 80hz down to 40hz, excellent if you play 5 or 6 string bass and need to fatten up the low string.

The other switch let's you choose a mid frequency - either 500hz or 1000hz. That's very useful as well, especially in the context of all of the tone controls offering plus or minus 12db.

If they'd never added those improvements I probably would be happy with one of the other Tech 21 SansAmp bass pedals but since they did I might as well get the one I really want.

Or I will just keep wanting it!