Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Delvon Lamar Trio

I've stumbled on videos of this group a few times. I really, really enjoy them (love that Move On Up arrangement). I enjoy a good jazz organ trio, but it always speaks to my heart a little more when it leans a little more towards soul and R&B.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I've stumbled on videos of this group a few times. I really, really enjoy them (love that Move On Up arrangement). I enjoy a good jazz organ trio, but it always speaks to my heart a little more when it leans a little more towards soul and R&B.

This! Their "Move On Up" version is what reeled me in, too. I like this version a bit better than the one in the video posted above:

[video:youtube]

Very nice and groovy trio. I work on a radio station and we have broadcasted some of his music. It's also very radio friendly...

Seing him here I wonder how he is doing with the double bass lines: he seems to play full bass lines with his foot (instead of the tonic note here and there like most organist do) and idem with his LH

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Awesome organ playing, thank you. 35 years after the first onslaught of the DX7 and the instrument is alive and very well....in the real form. Clones have never been so good, but no player alive would choose one if the real thing was already right there, ready to go.

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments. 

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, GovernorSilver said:

Youtube engine sent this Feb. 2021 KEXP show to me.  Thanks, YT!  Killer pocket, and even the surprise cover at the end makes you wanna shake it.

Haven't seen any posts from Brother Mark for a while.  Hope you're doing ok!!!

As I'm a huge proponent of KB player led bands, it's great to hear and see  the  Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio carrying to torch. 👍🏿

Gov, brotha Mark is doing very well.  He's still have a blast in synth land. 😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"