Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

behringer keyboards

just had to put my two cents in. I purchased the Behringer deepmind 6 a while ago. didn't really need the 12 and really didn't need the 6 as I have a ton of plug-ins, Komplete 12, arturia v-collection7,etc.,Yamaha modx and other Yamaha keys. I was very surprised with the sound quality and effects of the deepmind. the synth is quite ballsy. getting some great patches from it. I am not into cinematic, beeps and buzzes type of sounds and more into lead sounds and some pads. the keyboard is really made quite solid and for the price, really well worth it. I also just purchased the Behringer poly d. well what can be said. a minimoog model d, plus, plus plus. not every minimoog sounds the same, so yes, the model d is a minimoog plus. I know not poly but para, but really is nice to have the option of playing a chord. once again, the poly d is made very solid and as for the price makes this a winner. again didn't need it at all but for the way it sounds and the price, it's a no-brainer. I owned an early model d minimoog, and would never have dreamed of purchasing another minimoog. it's a great feeling, old memories, coming back now owning the poly d. I know there are a ton of Behringer bashers out there, but in my opinion, keep it coming Behringer, keep those prices low and the quality up there. years ago Behringer was crap, but I think their quality is up there with the big boys. I also own a few other Behringer products which I have no problems with. I don't think that today's price of keyboards are high. when the DX-7 came out, no one bitched about shelling out two grand. and that was two grand in back then dollars. behringers prices are way more than a bargain. finally just have to say how critical and laughable some of the comments and complaints I read from a lot of people are. key bed sucks, too heavy, no after touch, too hard to program, too expensive, etc. I think what some people want is an 88 note keyboard with a Steinway piano touch, then hit a button for synthesizer touch, then another button for Hammond touch, aftertouch, built like a tank, under ten pounds, and under a thousand. and there will still be a ton of complaints. I think complaints are very necessary, but keep them true and informative, not only opinionated. every product will have some very positive features. also the unending search for the very best Hammond sound on a clonewheel. what Hammond sound, every Hammond sounds different. every B, C, D and A sound different. in the past I have owned three B-3's, all of which sounded at best fair, next a C-3, which sound wise blew my 3 previous B-3's away. next I bought a cherry A-102, the best sounding Hammond I owned to date, and presently an A-100 which sounds as ballsy as my previous A-102. stay safe everyone...â¦...Larry

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really bash them--certainly not going to argue the point with anyone, it's low on my care-o-meter--and if I did it wouldn't be for their product quality. It would be for their business "attitude" (ethics or whatever you want to say). This forum opened my eyes to them actually. They do things their way, I choose not to give them (any more) money. Quality-wise, the interface I bought is a silly good product for the money though, and my buddy's deepmind was likewise far better quality than what I would expect for what he paid.

Hey Larry,

I took your post and formatted it into paragraphs. It was too hard for me to read otherwsie.

just had to put my two cents in. I purchased the Behringer deepmind 6 a while ago. didn't really need the 12 and really didn't need the 6 as I have a ton of plug-ins, Komplete 12, arturia v-collection7,etc.,

Yamaha modx and other Yamaha keys.

I was very surprised with the sound quality and effects of the deepmind. the synth is quite ballsy. getting some great patches from it.

I am not into cinematic, beeps and buzzes type of sounds and more into lead sounds and some pads.

the keyboard is really made quite solid and for the price, really well worth it. I also just purchased the Behringer poly d. well what can be said. a minimoog model d, plus, plus plus. not every minimoog sounds the same, so yes, the model d is a minimoog plus.

I know not poly but para, but really is nice to have the option of playing a chord. once again, the poly d is made very solid and as for the price makes this a winner. again didn't need it at all but for the way it sounds and the price, it's a no-brainer.

I owned an early model d minimoog, and would never have dreamed of purchasing another minimoog. it's a great feeling, old memories, coming back now owning the poly d.

I know there are a ton of Behringer bashers out there, but in my opinion, keep it coming Behringer, keep those prices low and the quality up there.

years ago Behringer was crap, but I think their quality is up there with the big boys. I also own a few other Behringer products which I have no problems with. I don't think that today's price of keyboards are high.

when the DX-7 came out, no one bitched about shelling out two grand. and that was two grand in back then dollars.

behringers prices are way more than a bargain. finally just have to say how critical and laughable some of the comments and complaints I read from a lot of people are. key bed sucks, too heavy, no after touch, too hard to program, too expensive, etc. I think what some people want is an 88 note keyboard with a Steinway piano touch, then hit a button for synthesizer touch, then another button for Hammond touch, aftertouch, built like a tank, under ten pounds, and under a thousand. and there will still be a ton of complaints.

I think complaints are very necessary, but keep them true and informative, not only opinionated.

every product will have some very positive features. also the unending search for the very best Hammond sound on a clonewheel. what Hammond sound, every Hammond sounds different. every B, C, D and A sound different. in the past I have owned three B-3's, all of which sounded at best fair, next a C-3, which sound wise blew my 3 previous B-3's away. next I bought a cherry A-102, the best sounding Hammond I owned to date, and presently an A-100 which sounds as ballsy as my previous A-102. stay safe everyone...â¦...Larry

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

I'm waiting for my new 900.00 OBxa.......

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments. 

Got my Poly D in late April and still loving it. First impressions are powerful and the Poly D's first impression is the build - heavy and solidly constructed.

99% of my playing preference is as a solo-synth - I've barely used the sequencer or apreggiator.

The sound is fat and punchy. Active controls that deliver boatloads of sonic opportunities. I'm a knob kind of guy and the Poly D fits the bill.

Steve Coscia

Hey, it is what it is. If you"re looking for newly built hardware to fulfill your desire for a classic synth that"s no longer being made and you don"t want to get into restoring, then Behringer is where it"s at. The street price of their line is very pocket friendly to boot.

The Deepmind is the most unique synth in their lineup because although it"s inspired by a classic Roland, the engineers at Midas were enthusiastic and given a green light to be creative. Additional IP from the acquisition of TC made it possible to include a killer FX section to boot. The DM12 is a winner, tons of owners/fans that have built communities and that has attracted talented patch designers.

Issues with Uli himself, how he does business, etc. are factors for shoppers - or they aren"t. Where and how we spend our money is a personal decision.

Regardless, the Behringer synth team is learning a lot very quickly and they are getting there by focusing on these knock offs. It is only a matter of time that their experience = expertise and we see them competing with the best boutique synth builders and Korg, Roland, Yamaha, etc. YMMV

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

There is a huge following for Behringer synths on Gearslutz and threads on Behringer hardware can go on for hundreds of pages. The Keyboard Corner skews a little bit more towards stage pianos, organ clones, vintage EPs, synths and live sound, and Gearslutz has an audience more weighted to softsynths, modular synths and desktop setups. I am sure someone will point out that this is too much of a generalization, but I only mean to suggest if you want to really meld with a group of die hard Behringer synth heads, they are definitely there on Gearslutz in droves. (Keyboard Corner is more my hangout because ya'll are my people!)

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Yeah Gearslutz is more synths. This site to me seems like more piano, B3, Rhodes, Wurly, clav, and arrangers or workstations along with vintage synths.
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

Gearslutz has an audience more weighted to softsynths, modular synths and desktop setups.

Not really. Softsynths? It's called Gearslutz for a reason: Software is seldom discussed. In fact, threads about softsynths are often (not always) ridiculed.

Gearslutz is a big place, populated by every possible sort of synthesist. Not everybody is a non-player. If there's a problem with Gearslutz, it's a diffuse litigious attitude. Everyone seems to take pleasure in saying everything going thru their mind at any given moment, speculating about rumours, and fighting endlessly over nothing. This brings to threads that are hundreds of pages long, where the useful info is hard to find, submerged by tons of blabbering.

KC is an oasis of restraint and mutual respect in comparison.

About Behringer....

Hey, it is what it is. If you"re looking for newly built hardware to fulfill your desire for a classic synth that"s no longer being made and you don"t want to get into restoring, then Behringer is where it"s at. The street price of their line is very pocket friendly to boot.

Issues with Uli himself, how he does business, etc. are factors for shoppers - or they aren"t. Where and how we spend our money is a personal decision.

Regardless, the Behringer synth team is learning a lot very quickly and they are getting there by focusing on these knock offs. It is only a matter of time that their experience = expertise and we see them competing with the best boutique synth builders and Korg, Roland, Yamaha, etc. YMMV

Exactly. Personally, I have a Model D and I'm enjoying it a lot.

KVR is the website for soft synths that I"m aware of. But I didn"t realize until posting about the Knifonium last week that it is just as bad as GS. I lurk there on occasion but I have no patience for the constant attacks and insults that seem to permeate every topic.

The fact that no one seems to actually listen to the VSTs they"re using is another problem.

Edit: Forgot this is about Behringer. Never met him. :stooges: