Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Piano

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It used embedded Windows XP, and you could load your choice of VST onto it. It's the kind of thing a lot of people seemed to be asking for, but no one seemed to actually buy. (Either that or it just wasn't marketed well enough...?)

https://www.crumar.it/?a=showproduct&b=3

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Hmm, it appears to be running an early version of Pianoteq:

CRUMAR BABY GRAND PIANO keyboard & controls features:

88 key keyboard with weighted hammer action keys for real piano feeling. (AVAILABLE ALSO ON WOODEN KEYS)

Three pedals control - two progressive.

Volume control

5 softkey: one button for Midi channel, one button for Bank select, one button for Program Change, One button for Transpose, one button for MEMORY functions

Internal Hard disk drive: 250gb 7200rpm. BABY GRAND PRO OS IS IN A SEPARATE SUPPORT!

Default software: PIANOTEQ, others on request.

TESTED WITH: ART VISTA VIRTUAL GRAND PIANO 2.0, TRUEPIANOS, EASTWEST QUANTUM LEAP PIANOS, VIENNA IMPERIAL BOSENDORFER, GALAXY II, VIRTUAL GRAND PIANO, IVORY, PIANO TRILOGY, AKOUSTIC PIANO, THE GRAND..

Weighs in at 44 pounds. A Mojo could sit right on top of it.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Hmm, it appears to be running an early version of Pianoteq:

CRUMAR BABY GRAND PIANO keyboard & controls features:

88 key keyboard with weighted hammer action keys for real piano feeling. (AVAILABLE ALSO ON WOODEN KEYS)

Three pedals control - two progressive.

Volume control

5 softkey: one button for Midi channel, one button for Bank select, one button for Program Change, One button for Transpose, one button for MEMORY functions

Internal Hard disk drive: 250gb 7200rpm. BABY GRAND PRO OS IS IN A SEPARATE SUPPORT!

Default software: PIANOTEQ, others on request.

TESTED WITH: ART VISTA VIRTUAL GRAND PIANO 2.0, TRUEPIANOS, EASTWEST QUANTUM LEAP PIANOS, VIENNA IMPERIAL BOSENDORFER, GALAXY II, VIRTUAL GRAND PIANO, IVORY, PIANO TRILOGY, AKOUSTIC PIANO, THE GRAND..

Weighs in at 44 pounds. A Mojo could sit right on top of it.

Yeah, a little heavier than my Casio or the newer slabs, but it's the streamlined profile I want out of a digital piano, I've started using Pianoteq instead of my Privia's built-in sounds anyway, it's got a progressive, three-pedal unit, and lots of space on top to set stuff (USB MIDI controllers, my Seaboard, iPad, whatever). I don't imagine the current version of Pianoteq would run on the embedded XP (and my license is for the Mac version anyway), but as long as the Fatar hammer action was acceptable, I would consider getting a used one if it popped up somewhere.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Not at all; it actually sounds pretty good.

Yes, it should sound as good as, well, whatever VST you can load into it, and there are plenty of high quality VSTs that have run with no problem on that level of hardware (though in 2020, it may be harder to find the older versions of some of them that ran on that hardware). In that respect, it's probably the best sounding "slab" anyone has made, or can be made to be so, by choosing your preferred VST.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)