Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Eh, you beat me to it.

"Kawhi Leonard, a two-time NBA Finals MVP and Southern California native, will sign with the Clippers, spurning the Lakers"

More seismic activity in the Southland! Wow. The Clippers are now in the conversation for an NBA championship. Likely a good move for him. He's with a stable organization that has deep pockets, a strong cast of talented "blue-collar" players, and Paul George.

LA Times article

YA!!!!!!!!!!!! Clippers!!!!!

What news here said is Kawhi was still on the fence about the Clippers until they told him about Paul George and that all it took and he signed. Blue Collar Basketball rules!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources: Clippers to land Kawhi Leonard, Paul George

The Lakers will get Danny Green.

Best,

Geoff

Wow. Seriously. The Clips were already a really good team.

...and Paul George? Wow.

dB

Without giving up too many good players on their team. I would agree with Vegas. Right now, the Clippers seem like the team most likely to win the championship. They already have a team that gave the Warriors fits, with a bunch of blue collar types that hustle, play defense, etc.

Eh, you beat me to it.

"Kawhi Leonard, a two-time NBA Finals MVP and Southern California native, will sign with the Clippers, spurning the Lakers"

More seismic activity in the Southland! Wow. The Clippers are now in the conversation for an NBA championship. Likely a good move for him. He's with a stable organization that has deep pockets, a strong cast of talented "blue-collar" players, and Paul George.

LA Times article

YA!!!!!!!!!!!! Clippers!!!!!

What news here said is Kawhi was still on the fence about the Clippers until they told him about Paul George and that all it took and he signed. Blue Collar Basketball rules!

That's what I kept hearing as well. In fact, several thought he was going to the Lakers until that happened, with one person saying that the Clippers had simply thought they weren't going to get him until they got Paul George.

What's interesting is that both Leonard and George had repeatedly expressed interest in going to the Lakers, partially so they could go back home. And....none of them are there. Like I said above, I believe the Clippers have the best chance to win a championship as it stands right now.

The clipper curse will kick in just in time for the playoffs.

Go Lakers!!!

I hope nothing happens to Kawhi. I like that guy. Gotta be careful of these curses, you know.

The Lakers will get into the playoffs for sure. I still think they're a strangely constructed team, but a whole lot better than last year when they were the Island of Misfit Toys. That never made any sense to me at all.

I saw that last night. Wow. One report says Harden really pushed to get to reunite with Russ. We live in interesting times

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 1 month later...
Poor DeMarcus Cousins. I wonder if he's done. It's gotta be tough for him. :(

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 1 month later...
The New Look Rockets look a lot like previous generations. They even got Ryan Anderson back, which I'm pretty surprised about since he usually is pretty useless around playoff time. But it's wild seeing a lot of the same guys on the team as last year. Harden said they hardly practiced in the offseason, they all knew the drill. :idk:

• 1 month later...
Harden said they hardly practiced in the offseason, they all knew the drill. :idk:

Er, that might be showing. They should have practiced some defense, at least. :facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...

Raptors much better than expected after Kawhi's departure. Their depth is no longer in question and their defence is top notch. I think there starting to prove more than a few analysts wrong.

Kurzweil PC3K8/ GSI Gemini Desktop/ ESI UNIK 8+ monitors/ QSC K8.2/ Radial Key Largo/ CPS Spacestation 

Sure is quiet around this thread...

Go Lakers!!!

See, now you jinxed it.

One can hope! :thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been watching it. I'm grateful to have good sports television to watch while sports are having a time out due to the pandemic.

Those years were not before my time, but I was so busy during much of the '90s that I missed out on a lot of it anyway.

I also watched Celtics/Lakers: Best of Enemies recently on ESPN's 30 for 30. It makes a great companion piece to The Last Dance.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I only watched the Rockets and the end of a close game or two. I have to say I think the NBA and Disney did a great job. The games have a nice combination of sounding like there is a crowd and not an empty gym, yet you can hear the game (yelling, squeaking) unlike in a modern NBA arena. I thought the games would feel weird, but they don't. And, they took advantage of not having fans on the floor to have floor level cameras, which gives us a great new viewing angle of the games.

Go Rockets!

I've now watched exactly one nba game this year, happens to be a recent bubble game. Love the wacky video "standees" of the fans, embracing the crazy is the way to go (those fake baseball fans Fox tried were just cringey IMO.)

Anyway, it was the Bucks vs Dallas. I knew Giannis is basically unstoppable and crazy good, but I was *shocked* at how good Luka Doncic already is at age 21. He doesn't look like he's fast, not all that athletic, but he gets to the rim AT WILL and his passes are incredible. He is a huge point guard though and uses his body and leverage extremely well. If he gets a consistent 3 he'll probably be the best offensive player in the league for a long time. I didn't pay attention to his D but apparently it ain't great, so that would keep him separated from some of the greats who had it all. Presumptuous of course, he's 2nd year, but he has a game that is not taking people by surprise--they know what he's going to do, and can't stop it. He looks like a 30-year-old vet out there, except for the launching ill-advised 3s. Was trying to think who he reminds me of...kind of like a huge version of Steve Nash in how he just dribbles into the paint and it's basically inevitable.