Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Live improv-first look at weirdo pedal via OP-1

Sound nerd and weirdos! This is for you!

I just got a new Pladisk Elektrisk Fabrikat pedal from Norway. I incorporated it into my pedal board and see what happened when I did some fun, simple improvisation. This was my second of the evening. Enjoy!

Equipment used:

Pladisk Elektrisk Fabrikat

Teenage Engineering OP-1 keyboard

Pigtronix Echolution (this is the first model)

Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine Polyphonic Pitch Mesmerizer

Temple Duo 17 pedal board

Donner DP-2 Guitar Pedal Power Supply (underneath)

[video:youtube]

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool! I just got a Chase Bliss Mood Pedal and have been meaning to do a similar video. What does the Fabrikat do? It"s not entirely clear from the video. Cool sounds, nonetheless.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Very cool! I just got a Chase Bliss Mood Pedal and have been meaning to do a similar video. What does the Fabrikat do? It"s not entirely clear from the video. Cool sounds, nonetheless.

It is a time-stretching and granular synthesis pedal. It's not entirely clear to ME what it is doing, and this is one of my first opportunities to mess around with it without really knowing what it does!

From their owner's manual (https://pladaskelektrisk.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/FABRIKAT_Manual_ENG.pdf)

"Synthetic ambiance, sonic deconstruction and spectral choirs. FABRIKAT is a 100% inorganic,

experimental multi-effects processor featuring 16 algorithms focusing on granular synthesis and

modified sample playback. Among its algorithms you'll find granular time stretching, pitch shifting

time stretching, freeze and shuffling effects, glitching sample playback and a beat repeater.

FABRIKAT is aimed for use both as a guitar pedal and as a tabletop device as some of its

algorithms greatly reward live parameter adjustment."

I will need to check into what a Chase Bliss Mood Pedal does. I know I saw a video on that before, but I can't remember what it does exactly. I remember really liking it.

It is a time-stretching and granular synthesis pedal. It's not entirely clear to ME what it is doing, and this is one of my first opportunities to mess around with it without really knowing what it does!

From their owner's manual (https://pladaskelektrisk.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/FABRIKAT_Manual_ENG.pdf)

"Synthetic ambiance, sonic deconstruction and spectral choirs. FABRIKAT is a 100% inorganic,

experimental multi-effects processor featuring 16 algorithms focusing on granular synthesis and

modified sample playback. Among its algorithms you'll find granular time stretching, pitch shifting

time stretching, freeze and shuffling effects, glitching sample playback and a beat repeater.

FABRIKAT is aimed for use both as a guitar pedal and as a tabletop device as some of its

algorithms greatly reward live parameter adjustment."

I will need to check into what a Chase Bills Mood Pedal does. I know I saw a video on that before, but I can't remember what it does exactly. I remember really liking it.

Fabrikat sounds like a pedal I"d love! The Mood is kind of similar, it"s got a looper and a delay running off of a common clock, each section has 3 different algorithms and you have control over how the signal is fed back between the 2 sections. What is cool is that the clock is quantified to musically useful subdivisions, so as you sweep through delay times, it transposes to harmonious intervals. It"s a cool pedal, I have really been enjoying it.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Nice demo, Ken! Those sounds are up my alley.

Chase Bliss MOOD is a collaboration with Old Blood Noise Endeavors, which supplied the delay side of the pedal, and DroloFX which did the microlooper side. The special sauce is in the Clock knob which affects both sides. Combinations of Clock settings with the OBNE side can yield a huge variety of time-based sounds from delay to long-tailed reverb-like atmospherics with varying degrees of grit vs. clean. At extreme settings the Clock can turn MOOD into a an almost-fuzz.

This is the one video I did of the MOOD, which focuses more on the Slip mode of the OBNE side, processing violin. Slip seems to introduce a pitch shifting element to the delay sound, with repeats that can sound backward or forward.

Nice soundscape, Ken!

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Nice demo, Ken! Those sounds are up my alley.

Chase Bliss MOOD is a collaboration with Old Blood Noise Endeavors, which supplied the delay side of the pedal, and DroloFX which did the microlooper side.

That thing sounds pretty great! And now because I've watched your video, Chase Bliss MOOD is coming on YouTube as a suggestion now. :D

I had time to get this going again.

Equipment used:

Pladisk Elektrisk Fabrikat

Teenage Engineering OP-1 keyboard

Pigtronix Echolution (this is the first model)

Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine Polyphonic Pitch Mesmerizer

Temple Duo 17 pedal board

Donner DP-2 Guitar Pedal Power Supply (underneath)

I can't change the spelling now. For some reason, I misspelled "Pladask" on one of the notes. Sadly, I just realized that I've cut and paste this everywhere. So annoying. My apologies to Norwegian people everywhere.