Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Missing my friend

So my friend passed away July 10 last year. I played with him for the last time at Lake of the Ozarks for the July 4th weekend then he left with his family for the Bahamas and died snorkeling of a heart attack that Wednesday. It was really weird that out of the blue he wanted to play stairway to heaven, and I learned it -though you can hear I screwed up the flutes here and there. But we did it and it was a hit on a Saturday night, and he died Wednesday morning. I can never listen to this song again without thinking of him.

https://www.facebook.com/1577289914/videos/10217116255769999/

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan that sucks. I think it's kind of cool that you'd think of him and remember him. It's gnarly when these anniversaries hit. But also it'll be random unexpected times when you think about that person and it can be a real bummer. I've lost a couple friends along the way in sudden and unexpected ways and I guess it's part of life. A crappy part. I think it's cool to talk about it Dan, that helps.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

IIRC, you had a thread about it back then, right? I'm trying to remember because it sounds familiar. Either way, sorry, Dan. It sucks and it always will. I hope it sucks less for you as time goes on and you're left with good memories.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I understand just what you mean, Dan. The feelings just sort of creep up on you sometimes.

It's an unfair universe we live in. All the more reason to share with each other, and make it as good as we can for one another, while we're here. I learned a lot of that from my friend before he passed, and since.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I am sorry for your loss. It's never easy and yet it is the only thing that we know for sure will happen.

My sibs and I celebrated/mourned our father's birthday this June, he would have been 100 years old. We all miss him and always will, until it is our turn.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

IIRC, you had a thread about it back then, right? I'm trying to remember because it sounds familiar. Either way, sorry, Dan. It sucks and it always will. I hope it sucks less for you as time goes on and you're left with good memories.

Yes I posted something when it happened. I struggled with the loss for a few months but eventually got back to normal. It's weird though with so much going on with the virus and losing my job, it snuck up on my when somebody shared the video and tagged me. Just kind of caught me off guard that it's already been a whole year - seems like it just happened.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Yes I posted something when it happened. I struggled with the loss for a few months but eventually got back to normal. It's weird though with so much going on with the virus and losing my job, it snuck up on my when somebody shared the video and tagged me. Just kind of caught me off guard that it's already been a whole year - seems like it just happened.

I saw this analogy of grief somewhere online and most seem to agree that it's perfect. It sounds like that's what you're experiencing.

Take care of yourself, Dan. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI