Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

right out of the box it replaces the Hammond XK-3c and Vent I"ve been using in my live rig.

good for you, Don. Certainly lighter with more accurate C/V, action may be preferable to you. Easier set up. Eventually you will want your Ventilator again.

:nopity:

right out of the box it replaces the Hammond XK-3c and Vent I"ve been using in my live rig.

good for you, Don. Certainly lighter with more accurate C/V, action may be preferable to you. Easier set up. Eventually you will want your Ventilator again.

Thanks, Dave! I"m gigging with it tonight without the Vent, so I"ll get a chance to hear how its internal sim does live.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Got a used Tascam FW-1082 from the Bay, described as "fully functional." Installed the drivers, however it won'tt fully boot up. Only the STOP button lights up. Kinda sucks, as I would've liked to have gotten away from mixing by pointing and clicking with a mouse. ð¤¬ð¤¬ð¤¬

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Well, I guess dB's been rubbing off on me...

image.png

1960s Kay N2 archtop sans pickguard

I was looking at getting a little parlour acoustic to teach myself how to play, but one of the local guitar stores had this one on sale. I'm a sucker for a deal and a good-looking instrument, plus my roommate just paid back a bunch of money he owed me, so... :idk:

Don't worry, still making calculations for a Hydrasynth...

Just received a Roswell Mini K47 condenser microphone. Wrote up initial (naive) impressions on Dr. Mike's forum.

Also, bought a generic pop filter from Amazon, and paid for Reaper DAW.

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/Mini-K47.jpg

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Good to know. Going somewhere, Steve? :)

Yes Dave. I am recently semi-retired and traveling to State Parks everywhere for camping, hiking, bicycling and soon........ piano playing. I've published a few of my travel/camping videos in my LinkedIn profile (my clients like to know where I go).

Here is a recent video:

Steve Coscia

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a new laptop that I am very happy with for the price. Dell, generation 10 i7, 16 GB memory, 500 GB SSD, 15" touch screen. Jacks include HDMI, USB 2, USB C, micro SD. Decently light and thin. $800. It was time to upgrade my MacBook Pro which I had been upgrading every 5 years but as a retired person I could not see paying 3 times the price. Plus, when you get used to touch screen it is really handy.

I've spent 5 days downloading Reason, Ableton Live, and my expansions. Have not even started on VSTi's yet. A new DAW is a LOT of work. I've already used 200 GB of the SSD. Need to get a small, dedicated USB3 external drive for sound libraries and offload some of the Reason and Live expansions. I have not checked to see if it has an expansion slot available for a second external drive.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

More backsliding. I need help. Bought a Boss Katana Studio MK2.

I have the Boss Katana 100 Combo, LOVE it. Got it used with the big six button footswitch.

Made way more than I paid for it already and lots more gigs to come. Took a while to dial it but it sounds great.

I run it in 1/2 watt mode, you can turn the Master volume up that way and it behaves more like a tube amp that's being pushed.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

My first weighted controller, a Korg D1, for live use in a 70's soft rock band ..

1216.thumb.jpg.bdcb57385496108ebe63401ad692eae7.jpg

M-Audio Hammer 88, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha ReFace CP, Korg D1

MacBook Air 13" M1 (2021) Logic Pro X 10.5, Mainstage, Roland Cloud (Ultimate), U-He DIVA, Arturia V-8

JammSammich, Peoria, Illinois

I picked up a pair of factory refurbished B-stock Behringer B208d powered speakers for just $220 (with warranty). They're just 15 lbs each but still have decent volume / sound quality and two band EQ. I plan to use them around the house, for rehearsals, as secondary monitors for my larger PA, and possibly as a portable stereo PA / keyboard amp for solo gigs along with one of my small mixers.

Even though I know there's not a lot of love for Behringer here at KC, I've had good luck with their gear. I've used a little Behringer Eurorack 802 keyboard mixer for about 20 years and it still works despite having beer spilled on it, being rained on, and being dropped several times. I also have a pair of Behringer 212d powered speakers (the 208d's big brother) that I've used for PA monitors for about 5 years with no problems.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Not a purchase per se, but I was just given an Omnichord. Not the first thing I would spend money on, but I am certainly happy to add one for free. Unfortunately, it comes from a childhood friend's grandpa passing away. Hopefully I'll be able to use it in a few things.

I have one and love it. It was also gifted to me by a friend after his mother died. This seems to be kind of a pattern? Still, it's a fun little instrument, and takes well to running through bizarre effects chains. Have fun with yours.

Oh, and check out this album, where every sound was apparently sourced from an omnichord:

Amon Tobin: Long Stories

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

• 2 weeks later...
Just arrived. It'll travel with me. The keys feel unbelievably good for $139

CT-300.jpg

Nice!

Casio hasn't been on my radar, but my first "synth" was the Casiotone VL-1. It was an experimental little addition to my Rhodes suitcase 73 back in 1981.

I'd plug the Casio output into the Rhodes amp and play back a "sequenced" up version of Teenage Wasteland on my dorm floor.

Fond memories!!! :)

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my shiny new Hammond 44 H melodica. Mark already wrote a lot about it and her 44HP sister.

What i can say, after a couple of hours of playing, is that is a huge update from the suzuki M37c i had.

Great sound, no more miking problems, better dynamic. It require a lot less breath wrt the M37c, i think circular breathing is within reach, if i practice enough :)

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/