Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quick advice ndd: 88 note bag, 52x11x5.75

Who knows, who knows?

Finally making my move from SF to San Diego area. I need to safely transport my Kawai ES110 and don't have the box. Was reluctantly willing to pay the $169+ tax for the Kawai bag, the SC-2, but I need it by Friday, 2 days from now. Cash flow finally freed up which is why it's so last minute.

Anywho, Amazon usually has me covered for 1-2 day deliveries, but the Kawai SC-2, the Previa case, and all 17 pages of Amazon search for 88 note keyboard bags showed NONE that were available for a quick delivery.

So- perhaps a padded gun bag? Or? Basically I need to be able to order it on Amazon for the quick delivery. The ES110 is 51 2/3" by 11 1/3" x 5 3/4".

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I"d go for the padded gun bag, you might find one in-stock locally (and less expensive than anything marked for 'audio equipment'). But then you might also run into protests blocking the road, so YMMV.

Another option (from my college days) why don"t you rent a car and drive down? (Put on some Christopher Cross and ride ... ride like the wind :cool:) Highway 5 is nauseatingly straight and will get you there pretty fast. - with a lot of 70+mph zones. Figure door-to-door by plane is 4-6 hours, by car 8-10 hours.

Thanks Tim! Actually that one, 55" long, and the 51" long cases, wouldn't be delivered before a week from now. But I'll look at other gun cases.

I"d go for the padded gun bag, you might find one in-stock locally (and less expensive than anything marked for 'audio equipment'). But then you might also run into protests blocking the road, so YMMV.

Another option (from my college days) why don"t you rent a car and drive down? (Put on some Christopher Cross and ride ... ride like the wind :cool:) Highway 5 is nauseatingly straight and will get you there pretty fast. - with a lot of 70+mph zones. Figure door-to-door by plane is 4-6 hours, by car 8-10 hours.

You got it! I actually got a call back from my ad in CL in the Community section for people looking for a ride to SD and willing to drive. I've got a 20' Uhaul truck and my Sienna van. Decided to pay $250 to a known driver (plus meals and $70 amtrak train home) rather than risk being jacked. Safety has its cost!

Yes, checked out Dicks sporting goods near me, no dice. Looks like I'm gonna be wrapping my baby in cardboard and bubble wrap.

Yes, safety has its cost. Sounds like a very smart decision. I used to make the drive to San Diego regularly when my younger son was attending SDSU. Ain't no fun like the 5 all night.

Yeah, if you can do it, going at night is the way to go. Esp this time of year, it's hot as hell driving the 5. I'd be tempted to start at 8 at night, but I'd likely get super sleepy and I've got a 2d van in consideration. It's not like I can easily do a 10-11 hour drive non-stop anymore.

Made the drive back from SD area late March along the 101. No traffic in LA (!), and the hills were just so green! Oh well...