Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is anyone using PreSonus Studio One?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it are a nice DAW and with many great plugins included. Actually most of what you will need.

You can always fell down into the plugin rabbit hole with every DAW.

The Sphere subscription might be a good way to test it out for some months at minimal costs.

Personally I own 4.5 Pro. The cost to upgrade to 5.0 are more expensive than to jump on the Sphere subscription for a year, but as I have to lower my monthly expenses, I will sit on the fence for now.

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Sold mine last year; tried for years to get along with it. Too many crashes, plug-in failures, and workflow that did not satisfy me. I try to have copies of all of the majors in case someone sends me a project in proprietary format, but people are getting better about sending individual tracks and stems, and actually bothering to zero them so that they line up on the timeline correctly.

Just so you know, the new version of StudioOne was released this week, and apparently has a ton of new features, but I was too busy to read the rather lengthy news story.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I like it a lot, and has been rock solid for me. I'm not excited about yet another subscription service though. Hope they maintain regular licencing.

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

I've been using Studio One for a few years now, still on 3.5 and it's been great. It's very intuitive, and straight forward to use, much more so than-say-Logic (I last used Logic 9). Keep in mind, that at this point, I don't use any of the MIDI features. I use it more as a tape recorder.

The stock audio plugins are so-so IMHO...I mostly use 3rd party compressors, EQs and so on.

The "project" page is really great for mastering. You can easily go back and forth between a "master" and a song, if you need to tweak a mix. It's really great.

Lots of people like it so it must be good. A friend has a studio and has used Studio One without everdating from one of the original versions. Obviously it is working well for him.

I've been happy with my Presonus products (Quantum and Faderport) and with online support - they are very helpful at guiding you through problems. A good company.

I think for home studios it's important to choose something and learn it well. The less time we spend engineering the more time we have to be artists.

I started with MOTU Digital Performer and found it a struggle. I switched to Mackie Tracktion when I bought a Mackie interface and it came with a free version. That was version 3, probably 2010-ish?

Still using it, no longer a Mackie affiliation. Now it is Waveform Pro (version 11) and I am still happy to use it.

Studio One seems like a good choice to me. I got a free version of Artist, took a good look at it and decided to stay where I am since I don't want another learning curve.

If Waveform ever went away I would be considering Studio One myself.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I use it and Logic. I think Studio One has a lot of great workflow processes, and is great for exporting stems, mastering and such. I still think Logic is much better for MIDI overall. I find so many more options for editing and adjusting MIDI in it (Logic).

Jerry

I've been using Studio One for a few years now, still on 3.5 and it's been great. It's very intuitive, and straight forward to use, much more so than-say-Logic (I last used Logic 9). Keep in mind, that at this point, I don't use any of the MIDI features. I use it more as a tape recorder.

The stock audio plugins are so-so IMHO...I mostly use 3rd party compressors, EQs and so on.

The "project" page is really great for mastering. You can easily go back and forth between a "master" and a song, if you need to tweak a mix. It's really great.

I use it since I got Artist many years ago.

Upgraded to Pro soon and I´m now on S1 Pro v4.x. ...

On my Intel Z97/ Win 7 Pro SP1 machine, I surprisingly got issues w/ Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II 64bit VST3 !

It drives me nuts and I see no reason why.

It just only works w/ all the other DAW apps I use and only produces clicks and pops caused by animation of "virtual keyboard" (defeatable !) and pitch- and mod-levers (non defeatable unfortunately)

No other DAW application shows this issue.

In Presonus forum, they ignore the issue, report it´s all well on their end and blame my system.

But it all works flawlessly when using p.ex. Reaper´s actual version.

Traction 7 too ...

Precisiely, it came w/ S1 Pro v4.2 for me I think.

Now I hate I´d have to upgrade to Win10 to use S1 Pro 5,- even it´s very tempting w/ music notation now included.

I really hate to build a new machine just only for Win10 and the hardware it likes.

Can be I´ll try to sell S1 near future,- not urgently needing included synths, plugins and other content.

A.C.