Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

REST IN PEACE CHARLIE DANIELS

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/07/06/charlie-daniels-country-music-dies/5384332002/

One of my all-time favorites just past away. Rest in Peace Charlie Daniels

A southern country rock star at the very top of the list IMHO. You will truly be missed. My sincere condolences to all of your friends and family...

Take care, Larryz

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Charlie Daniels what a great player you were........

Charlie Daniels -- a country and Southern rock legend known for his hit "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" -- has died after suffering a stroke ... according to his website.

The Country Music Hall of Famer died Monday morning at the Summit Medical Center in Hermitage, Tennessee. Doctors determined the cause of death was a hemorrhagic stroke.

Daniels' career began in the late 1950s, as a skilled player of the guitar, fiddle and banjo ... he formed a rock band and hit the road.

In the '60s, he co-wrote an Elvis Presley song -- "It Hurts Me" -- and played instruments for the likes of Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen.

Daniels put out his first solo album in 1971 and had his first big hit -- "Uneasy Rider" -- in 1973. He'd go on to play the fiddle for acts like the Marshall Tucker Band and Hank Williams Jr. in the '70s, before his Charlie Daniels Band put out its most famous song in 1979.

"The Devil Went Down to Georgia" reached #3 on the Billboard charts and landed Daniels his only Grammy win of his storied career for Best Country Vocal Performance.

Daniels would be nominated for 5 more Grammys, including Best Country Instrumental Performance for "I'll Fly Away" in 2005.

Charlie was also inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in 2008.

He's survived by his wife, Hazel, and their son, Charlie Daniels Jr.

Daniels was 83.