Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Could you help identify the synth

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you post a song or 2 that has this sound? Is it a song from another country this is used in?
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

>>>Is it a song from another country this is used in?

what do you mean?

This music was from CD 2004 year, performer "Relaxx project". I'm not sure that relaxx project is the real group or performer. It may be just assembly relax songs (but in all of them you may hear the same synth). I identify, that composer used Korg Wavestation, Trinity, Roland JD-800 and JV-1080. I have these synth, but not find my sound.

Here some songs with this "DigiMallet"

1. Sweet Lulaby (from 2:12)

2. Visions Of You (from 4:30)

3. We're Still In Love (from 0:52).

ps/ also composer very often used "Sweep pad" (the begining of "Sweet Lulaby") "Tremolo guitar", "Guitar" (it seems this sound has 2 velocity - normal and "hit on a string") and "Celtic flute" (see attach).

>>> https://dropmefiles.com/vaA85

It might be several synths MIDI'd and layered? Perhaps one can identify the individual components of the sound and start stacking one's own synths. I hear the bell, the voices / pad and possibly even little FM Piano. Also there is some pretty heavy panning on the intro with a lead sound, likely a separately recorded track.

Perhaps I'm not the best person to answer these types of questions. So feel free to ignore everything I write here.

I think most any sample based synth can easily recreate a sound a lot like this digi mallet. But honestly, the clarity and timbre shift of the bell-like tones leads me to think there is definitely an FM synth in the mix here. I could easily be wrong about that.

The question, I suppose, is: How important is it really to identify the actual synth(s) used? I have this philosophy when it comes to reproducing synth sounds for covers or what not: Close is more than good enough 99% of the time. When I played in cover bands, I never bothered trying to reproduce a synth sound exactly. All I needed was the general flavor of it, and I can promise you, no one in the audience cared -- nor did any of my band mates. I do accept that others disagree and want an exact reproduction. On the other hand, having a really good B3-type organ sound and Leslie simulation was absolutely necessary, and I obsessed over that for 20 years. So I get it.

Yeah, I don"t usually play songs with the exact sounds, I usually try to go for the closest tone on my MX49.

It sounds like a Roland synth layered with maybe a DX7.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.