Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sale Price on OSX Audio Editor TS2

ircam Lab TS2 -

Always looking for a reasonably priced audio editor for OSX. This one is on sale for $29.

https://www.ircamlab.com/products/p1680-TS2/

[video:youtube]

What are your currently using as a standalone audio editor on OSX?

Steinberg Wave Lab?

Adobe Audition?

DSP Quattro?

Audacity?

Other...

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using Waveform since it was Tracktion 3. Now version 11 and there is a free version. It is my only DAW, more than just an audio editor. Easy to learn and use, at least I thought it was.

https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-free

I like it, others do not. Free is an unbeatable price if you want to try it.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

There"s some jobs where I"m booting Logic thinking to myself, I don"t need Logic for this or even ProTools. I just need to slice and dice - so something light, boots up fast, easy to use - like I"ve been using Ocen Audio. https://www.ocenaudio.com/en/whatis

But some audio repair functions would be nice - like automated things like click/pop remover, noise reduction, and even some stretching at times would be cool, as long as it doesn"t ruin the purpose of the app. Adobe Audition is actually pretty capable.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

But some audio repair functions would be nice - like automated things like click/pop remover, noise reduction, and even some stretching at times would be cool, as long as it doesn"t ruin the m purpose of the app. Adobe Audition is actually pretty capable.

I recently got Izotope RX7 Standard on an upgrade sale for all the above-mentioned needs. Waveform does not include that.

Have not tried Audition.

Waveform is good for slice and dice funs.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I currently use DSP-Quattro 5, as I have been since version 1. It's not that it's absolutely the bee's knees in all respects, but I'm used to it and have a pretty straightforward workflow in it.

I have colleagues who use Audacity, WaveLab, and Audition. I've tried them all and none of them let me work the way I want to.

I have contemplated reinstalling Studio One Pro just to have access to that "put all your files together and make a CD or whatever" window it has.

I will research these other audio editors and see if any of them looks to do what I need better than DSP-Quattro... thanks for the links.

It's pretty amazing how the demise of Digidesign's Sound Designer II on the Mac effectively killed it as a 2-track audio editing machine. While the Windows market developed some very strong contenders (Sound Forge for example), the Mac just had a bunch of failed or nearly failed attempts that are pretty pathetic in retrospect.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Just bought TS 2 for the $29 deal. Will report back on how it works for me.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music