Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT ? Kronos Owners: Poll on OS/Enhancements

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=122412

Many Kronos owners asked for a Poll on this topic, thus I set it up.

If the serious Poll topic is of interest for you, as a Kronos owner , feel free to participate there.

There is plenty of chat on the process and the collective experience of Kronos owners

and what/how Korg does or does not do with Kronos OS enhancements. And possible collective plans.

Thanks

GregC

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Korg is done with Kronos updates for the current product. The first Kronos hit the market in 2011 and the Kronos 2 was announced in 2014. That's a long life of the Kronos sales.

Usually the sign that there is no further innovation is when they feature limited edition color schemes or bonus sounds, and package them as Limited Edition, Platinum Edition, etc. with different color finishes, reverse keys, extra sound libraries, etc. but nothing new on the product funcitonality. They will typically do these as a smaller production run since the product sales have already peaked.

I would more likely expect a new Kronos 2 replacement within a year from now than any further updates to the current product development. They may already be pretty far along with a Kronos 3 or something along those lines, not sure.

No doubt Korg has sold a lot of Kronos machines, but probably not anywhere their peak sales now in 2020.

I'm not knocking Korg. I think the same could be said about Kurzweil Forte, Roland FA series, and other products I own or no longer own. It's probably time to sunset the current Kronos for a number of reasons.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I hope you have the name and email address the right person or else letters like this don't get far. You need to get ahold the Product Manager in Marketing they are the ones know the future (but won't talk about it) and work with the right people in all departments concerned to get something done.

I was a Product Manager for awhile in my computer days and it's a crazy job. As my they told me when I was promoted.... you're responsible for everything, but have authority over no one, now get things done. You are in control of the product, but can't tell other department or group what to do so you always having to convince people from the top down that XYZ needs to be done and to assign resources to it. So spend the time to find out who is the Product Manager for Kronos and try to get to know them.

I hope you have the name and email address the right person or else letters like this don't get far. You need to get ahold the Product Manager in Marketing they are the ones know the future (but won't talk about it) and work with the right people in all departments concerned to get something done.

I was a Product Manager for awhile in my computer days and it's a crazy job. As my they told me when I was promoted.... you're responsible for everything, but have authority over no one, now get things done. You are in control of the product, but can't tell other department or group what to do so you always having to convince people from the top down that XYZ needs to be done and to assign resources to it. So spend the time to find out who is the Product Manager for Kronos and try to get to know them.

No, I [ we] am not going to write to someone in Marketing.

page 5,, look at the link http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=122412&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

The Kato's

[70's Songwriter]

Awesome, Greg. :2thu: Look forward to seeing what Korg will do with this.

thank you for being positive.

I believe it worth the effort to communicate to Korg Inc

[70's Songwriter]

Hi Greg:

I wish you luck with this, there are certainly things I would like to see, including more memory locations. But, the last recorded estimate of # of Kronos sold (last updated in 2019) was over 44k. Do you really think that a sampling of 59 people is going to affect anything? I think it's always good for Korg to hear from, and to look for input from their customers. But I don't see such a small sampling of the owners doing anything to move the needle. If I were you, I would wait and work harder to gather a significant number of responses before sending off your missive.

Best regards,

Jerry

P.S. And please, don't ask me to help you sway their opinion.

Thanks , Jerry

I will take quality over quantity.

I disagree with your opinion that the expression of 59 serious Kronos owners is ' not enough ".

I think their interest is totally valid and important to be heard now.

The poll captures serious Kronos owners in most territories, countries, all over the world.

And statistical sampling has always taken a small slice of a 'population ' verses a huge numerical slice.

and if Korg Inc of Japan, ignores the concerns of a thoughtful global ownership group, thats on them, not us.

[70's Songwriter]

page 5,, look at the link http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=122412&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

The Kato's

The Product Manger is the center of the hub for using customer input from user groups, online, etc to start the wishlists. Then Product Manger get this engineering departments ideas of new features they want to do. Then Product Manager edits down to the new feature checklist they feel will make people happy. They are the ones the fight for features engineering might not want to do and customers want. Product Managers are also the ones who drop items from the list as schedule starts to slip. Product Manager are one involved in product lifetime and know when it is End Of Life is projected, which means they are one who will pass on the wishlist data to the Product Manager for the next generation product. Product Manager are the one usually behind planned leaks to media to see reaction by public from wishlist items. Last if you letter gets taken seriously by Korg its the Product Manager who they will probably give it to.

Just saying how things work inside corporations good luck.

The Kato's

The Product Manger is the center of the hub for using customer input from user groups, online, etc to start the wishlists. Then Product Manger get this engineering departments ideas of new features they want to do. Then Product Manager edits down to the new feature checklist they feel will make people happy. They are the ones the fight for features engineering might not want to do and customers want. Product Managers are also the ones who drop items from the list as schedule starts to slip. Product Manager are one involved in product lifetime and know when it is End Of Life is projected, which means they are one who will pass on the wishlist data to the Product Manager for the next generation product. Product Manager are the one usually behind planned leaks to media to see reaction by public from wishlist items. Last if you letter gets taken seriously by Korg its the Product Manager who they will probably give it to.

Just saying how things work inside corporations good luck.

I know corporations, too.

Its about the $$. I understand 99% of all decisions is about the money.

Sometimes it rolls downhill. Sometimes it goes elsewhere.

[70's Songwriter]

If it"s been a year and a half since the last update, and they are doing limited issues with colors and extra sounds, the product is what it is.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

The group letter to the President and Director of Korg Inc in Tokyo has gone out.

There are a few Kronos owners here.

If you are interested, and when I have progress updates, you find it on the Kronos forum.

[70's Songwriter]