Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It's still up. Anyone feel like a (virtual) hang?

The same Zoom meet is still running, thanks to Sam. I could use a hang, I'll be available for it in about an hour or so (I'm currently logged in but going to do some other stuff for a bit). Anyone else?

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just popped on to see if anybody was there...just me.

I'll leave the window open but if anybody wants to hop on, just shoot me a text at three one four three zero eight two two nine one and I'll head into the room.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

What's with Hamilton all of a sudden? I'm seeing a ton of posts on FB about that. Maybe it's on a channel I don't have? My daughter has been into Hamilton for a few years now, but has seen it at the theater.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Just spent $6.95 for a month of Disney+ so the wife could watch that as well........

:facepalm:

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

What's with Hamilton all of a sudden? I'm seeing a ton of posts on FB about that. Maybe it's on a channel I don't have? My daughter has been into Hamilton for a few years now, but has seen it at the theater.
They filmed a full production with the original cast back in 2016, but it had only been used for press reel and some footage for a documentary until they released the full production on Disney+ today. My wife and I watched it tonight -- we saw most of the original cast in previews, saw a touring production in Philly last year, and have listened to the cast album many times, but let me tell you, as timely and important as that show felt five years ago, I was not emotionally prepared for how it was going to land with me given the state of things in 2020.

Hey, sorry I missed the message about the hang! I spent most of my day off in the home studio, cranking out a whole track from scratch, playing all the instruments (including drums!) for the first time. I'll share it tomorrow. And I'll look forward to catching up with you lot soon.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Every time I got a chance to check, no one was on. I'll poke in over the weekend though. Glad to hear some folks hooked up. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I may try to jump on after 9:30 pm Central tonight. Heading out shortly to set up for an outdoor 4th of July gig in IL. It's $$, so I can use it, but may be a rather weird one - as the town is defying the IL Governor's order regarding large gatherings. Could be a media circus, from what I've heard. At this point, since we were contracted for this late last year, I just want get in - with mask, set up and play, then get out. Thankfully we'll be roped off from any crowd... And the band has a rather strict rider for social distancing. So perhaps I'll have a report on it tonight :eek:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!