Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anyone make a dual manual Midi controller?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's true, I wonder if they removed the left lower end block to make room, turning it into a 74 note keyboard or did they shift the keys to the right by one note (which would make it feel very weird when playing it as a dual manual organ).

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

This is still on topic, right? We're discussing boards the OP asked about.

If I had the money to redo my rig, Jamkey hammer + laptop would be it. 53 lbs is a fair compromise if I only have to carry one medium length board.

OP, if SW is what you want, the DMC has had pretty good reviews around here.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Then you should check the Orla Jamkey Hammer. Weighted 73 keys lower manual action.

looks like it's going to be shown at Messe 2016.

DD is correct, the photo I saw is E-E

You're correct. And it looks like they shifted the upper manual to the right by one key width so both keybed a still line up. Smart.

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

http://mm49.drenalinacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/3-Jamkey-Orange-piccola.png

This photo from the JamKey.net is showing what they call the MM49.PRO

Two Fatar TP8O (Premium Waterfall Action keyboards)

61 (C to C) and 73 keys (F to F)

Touch sensitivity

There is firmware available for the HAMMER version of the JamKey, but no longer any reference to it's specs or any suggestion that the MM49.PRO comes in a hammer version.

Diversi.us no longer has any reference to sales of the JamKey.

And all links from DrawbarCity are dead.

In the UK/EU thomann carries the Orla JamKey. They do not have the hammer version available.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

When I was looking at the hammer version a few weeks ago, Drawbar City had specs for it up, pricing, and option to buy/order. That's gone at the moment. So unabtanium to say the least. Looking forward to Messe for some info.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Interesting concept.

Neither quite work for me - I like the idea of the lower extended weighted keyboard but would need the DMC display to make it work properly for patch names............

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Interesting concept.

Neither quite work for me - I like the idea of the lower extended weighted keyboard but would need the DMC display to make it work properly for patch names............

The Gemini Desktop would work then.

http://www.genuinesoundware.com/products/Gemini/images/Gemini_Desk_3D_720px.png

Here for the gear.

• 6 months later...

I have been using MIDI-equipped Electones (Yamaya), Kawai (SR-7) for many years.

These provide standardized, organ-friendly MIDI configuration (Upper Keyboard - Ch.1, Lower Keyboard - Ch.2, Bass Pedals - Ch.3)

One MIDI output and input. So the midi merging is done onboard.

You can pick up used Yamaha Electones (1989-2000 vintage) for $200 or less. And have an organ, spinet especially, all ready to go

Yamaha still makes them new, and there is the DDK-7 Double Deck as well.

Technics also made MIDI-equipped organs. Check your local craigslist. I've been using these to control synths, all kinds of things.

Yamaha DDK-7 Double Deck

That circular one looks pretty cool; okay, you might have to ask any club you're playing in to remove the tables, chairs, stage and bar for the night to make room for it but I think the end result would be well worth it!

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

One of the engineering e-zines recently had a feature on this thing and the hardware used to hold it together, so I went to their website to check it out. In the FAQ, they ask how much does it cost? The answer? "Lets just say about the price of a high quality acoustic grand piano."

ouch.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

One of the engineering e-zines recently had a feature on this thing and the hardware used to hold it together, so I went to their website to check it out. In the FAQ, they ask how much does it cost? The answer? "Lets just say about the price of a high quality acoustic grand piano."

ouch.

There are less expensive versions to be had:

51pCvtMpDNL.jpg

• 3 years later...
Beautifully done! Though I don't like the all-black keys on top. Make the accidentals white, that would work. (If it weren't for how heavy the darn thing is! TP40 is a huge improvement, but I don't know about adding the 10 lbs to an already heavy board...)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Another thing in his explanation that surprised me was that he uses a UPS because of the 5 minute boot up time. It's a controller, why would it take 5 minutes to boot up?

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Another thing in his explanation that surprised me was that he uses a UPS because of the 5 minute boot up time. It's a controller, why would it take 5 minutes to boot up?

You'd probably take a good five minutes to wake up too if you'd had that much surgery performed on you.