Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

When you play with Leland, your left hand...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always needed both hands for both the DX bells and the synth brass parts in the chorus.

(also, that pre-delayed reverb on the snare is killing me. I know it's supposed to be the 80s Collins gated-reverb â but it's not. Argh.)

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

Good cover. Still, a cover...

What I noticed was that the singer was using an AKG D1000 E microphone. I had 2 of them long ago and wasn't in love with them. But then, I can't sing even close to the guy in the video, he would probably sound great on any mic. Still, an odd choice by most standards.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

What I noticed was that the singer was using an AKG D1000 E microphone. I had 2 of them long ago and wasn't in love with them. But then, I can't sing even close to the guy in the video, he would probably sound great on any mic. Still, an odd choice by most standards.

It is indeed a cover but Leland is covering himself :)

It is indeed a cover but Leland is covering himself :)

Leland can't hardly play any song and not cover himself!!!!! :laugh:

I saw him perform with Toto, it was a high point, great bassist.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

wether is Leland or any other bassist, this should be the rule to any pop/rock keyboard context - keep your LH in the middle register, or hold your beer ;)

Well done!

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands