Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best how-to night photography books

This is a fun one! Best how-to night photography books! I sort of stole the idea somewhat from National Parks At Night, who did a couple of live videos discussing their favorite books, although I am focusing on "how to" books here. And they're such great books that I have to tell people about them!

https://photofocus.com/reviews/best-how-to-night-photography-books/

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wound up buying both editions of Lance's book, which probably puts me in some sort of ritzy exclusive club. The second version has much less about film that the first one did, if I remember right. Probably makes sense... Color night photography on film sounds like a huge hassle!

I should probably get Gabe's book. I keep seeing it as Recommended for Me on Amazon. I like his videos so I'll probably like the book too.

This weekend is the full moon... And a holiday! Hopefully I can shoot something this weekend.

It does have less about film than the first one. It's about 3/4 new, and should almost be a different title altogether.

Color night photography would be challenging, especially capturing reds, and yet....these guys were doing some beautiful work. I wish I could have met Steve Harper.

I photographed last night. Beautiful cool night up in the mountains.

That is always a problem in humid areas. And sometimes in places with standing water. One of the decommissioned WWII airfields is near agricultural areas, and if you you go during certain times, the swarms of mosquitos are so horrible that when you are driving, clouds of them bounce off your windshield and it sounds like a geiger counter near radioactive stuff. Very very strange. We went there to photograph once. I fortunately brought Deet and even though it was hot out, I wore a hoodie and a beanie and layers along with the Deet. Horrible.