Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roundabout by Yes -- On Piano (Not by Yes...)

I was just thinking last night it'd be fun to try and cover "Roundabout" by Yes on the piano...

Then I found this today -- looks like I've got some left hand bass homework to do!

Old No7

[video:youtube]

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OR if you prefer pipe organ...

...I found this one by the same keyboardist...

Old No7

[video:youtube]

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

I used to be able to play a substantial portion of the Yes catalog (on bass), but I've just realized that I only remember bits and pieces. It's been a loooong time since I've played anyone else's stuff and it's kinda evaporated.

Crap.

No, I'm not going to start from scratch and learn it all over again on keys.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

That was awesome. I love to listen to projects like this. I wonder how many hours this gentleman put into that? He could probably sell a few transcripts. Nice sounding piano too. Someone should send this to Rick, I bet he would dig it.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I followed the trail back and took in his beautifully expressed version of "Eruption" from Tarkus.

IMO, the gods add a courtesy inch to your manhood the first time you can play that without hitting a clam. :clap::cheers:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

That was amazing! I was wondering how he would cover that tune! He covered it very well!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com