Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The pandemic has been good for piano sales

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article with a lot of salient points -- who knows, maybe a renaissance of keyboard players? I wasn't in the market during that period as I've got more than enough things to play on, but I did notice that inventory (and discounts) dried up during this period. All good for the struggling retail music shop.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I'm both surprised and not surprised by this - there's obviously a huge cohort of people who couldn't even dream of purchasing something like that after losing their job etc, but those that can I can see why it'd become a desirable purchase.

Many channels in the MI and Pro Audio industries are doing quite well - keyboards, guitars, EDM tools, recording hardware and software...and, of course, ukeleles (whuch actually are a big thing). I'm told that finding a retailer with USB interfaces in stock has been challenging...

I think that's awesome. Normally, these industries are viewed as luxuries by many who don't use the products professionally and are consequently almost always hard hit during any sort of financial crisis. The fact that people are turning to music and audio is really inspiring to me....and not just because I'm in the industry - it's because I think the idea of people embracing music as a an outlet for their time and cfreative energy is nothing short of wonderful. The art needed the shot in the arm.

Heck, I'm one of these people. Some of you may have noticed that my guitar collection has increased significantly....and I'm not even really spending that much cash. I've been selling off gear I don't use to finance my new habit, and justifying the rest of it with the fact that I don't get to go to any concerts (my favorite activity).

How cool that music gets to be a ray of sunshine in these strange times.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

There is always a silver lining

You just have to find it

Our grand parents understood this during the last great pandemic, and after WW1

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I have been trying to purchase a Korg D1 in black and they have just disappeared. The supply of the white model is dwindling as well. Amazon even removed the black model. Keeping my eyes open for one to show up somewhere...

- S

M-Audio Hammer 88, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha ReFace CP, Korg D1

MacBook Air 13" M1 (2021) Logic Pro X 10.5, Mainstage, Roland Cloud (Ultimate), U-He DIVA, Arturia V-8

JammSammich, Peoria, Illinois

One of the UK"s biggest Instrument Retailer is 15 minuets away from me and their website has nearly all keyboards listed as Out Of Stock.

Love this!

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Gee, maybe there will be a corresponding resurgence in spinet organ sales? Maybe Lowery, Yamaha, and Wurlitzer will all make a comeback?

Sometimes I miss my old Wurlitzer with the "Orbit 3" synthesizer mini-keyboard!

Lou