Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who's tried the Skulpt synth?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen one in person but watching a couple of the reviews it looks like a lot of synth for the money. That is until you weigh it in against many less expensive VSTs, especially being that it's all digital and you're probably going to want to use it with the editor. Those tiny knobs and buttons along with the odd layout and skewed labeling make even Eurorack look appealing to the traditional keyboardist.

But if you really have a need for a battery powered well equipped compact stand-alone 4 voice synth this might be cool. Otherwise I give it a couple of weeks before yet another distraction ends up in the drawer.

Dead brilliant but a little tricky to use from the front panel, simply don't have room for it in my studio at the moment.

The Kickstarter campaign discount wasn't that great, I doubt I could get what I put into it when selling it used, so I wait and hope... the Argon8 has MPE now, so perhaps the Skulpt will get it eventually. They hinted at this some time ago.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music