Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Motion Sound Pro 3x

I was considering buying this to use on stage. Do any of you have any experience with it being miked to the FOH? If done that way, is it necessary to utilize a keyboard amp to sim the lower rotor? If needed, I have a RCF tt08 monitor that I have been using. I feed an output from a Korg Grand Stage and Hammond XK5 into a mixer which then feeds into the monitor. And the mixer goes to FOH. Any way to utilize this setup with Motion sound and the monitor without leaving the relatively light monitor and lugging my Motion sound SN 500? Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gigged with a Pro3T for years and miked to FOH. I sent two keyboards as well as a Hammond module output to FOH and my monitor this way:

° I sent the Hammond module's output to the input on the Pro3T

° I mic'd the Pro3T horn as the delivered Kobitone internally-mounted mics were horrible. I attached this mic to Channel 1 of the mixer

° I took the low rotor sim out of the Pro3T to Channel 2 of the mixer.

° I sent the other two keyboards' outputs to channels 3 and 4 respectively on the mixer

° I then sent the main outputs of the mixer to my monitor

° I also route all four channels of the mixer to the monitor out. The monitor out is routed to the FOH.

I worked with the soundman to adjust the levels of all 4 monitor sends to ensure they were balanced. I then independently adjusted the levels of all four channels going into my monitor. Often I would crank down channel 1 because the Pro3T provided its own horn output however putting some of the horn also through my monitor as well helped to balance the horn with the low simulator. For FOH channel 1 was boosted higher going to the FOH than through my monitor because I could hear the Pro3T's horn on stage but it wasn't audible out front so it required to be louder going to FOH. I marked all the levels on my mixer and would start each subsequent show with those levels and tweak from there.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I used a Pro3TM for a while.

There was a built in SM57 that miked the rotor, that had a 1/4 unbalanced output. I would run that to one channel of my mixer.

Make sure that you mike the rotor in some way. I tried not doing that, and shredded the driver.

The low rotor is simulated, and can be run stereo. I went into a stereo channel on my mixer.

At the time I ran stereo to a small PA for my onstage sound, and sent a stereo signal to FOH

I still have mine, and it still works, but I've retired it in favor of my Vent

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I had a R3-147 back in the days.... checked out a Pro3x a few years ago.

I would go with a Vent instead, much more "realistic"

Lesliesound.

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2