Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Which iOS apps do you want to see on macOS? (and vice versa)
#3051270 06/27/20 08:03 AM
OP Offline
Apple has stated that properly developed iOS apps will be supported in macOS Big Sur. (see here).
-- -- --
1. Which iOS apps do you want to see in macOS?

2. Which macOS apps do you want to see in iOS?

Re: Which iOS apps do you want to see on macOS? (and vice versa)
Groove On #3051276 06/27/20 11:59 AM
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
That's too broad of a question. grin

However, what I want to see is developers using the tech available to them like Catalyst to make proper Mac apps. They shouldn't feel like I'm just running an iOS/iPadOS app in a window for me to want to use it more than just a quick look or update. Apple is giving developers lots of great tools to create great apps across its platforms, and I hope developers use them to their fullest.

The great thing about music is that there's always something to learn. The frustrating thing about music is that there's always something to learn!
Groove On #3051311 06/27/20 03:35 PM
B
B
As far as question #2 I would love to see the Acoustic Samples V-tines & V-reeds for iOS. I just can't really warm to the Neo-Soul e-pianos. However I had emailed A.S. & they replied that there were, alas, no plans to program for iOS.

BenWaB3 #3051390 06/27/20 08:44 PM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by BenWaB3
As far as question #2 I would love to see the Acoustic Samples V-tines & V-reeds for iOS. I just can't really warm to the Neo-Soul e-pianos. However I had emailed A.S. & they replied that there were, alas, no plans to program for iOS.

AAS released one IOS app (Objeq). They must have been disappointed by the revenue generated by the app, as no other IOS apps have been released by them since.

Groove On #3051391 06/27/20 08:54 PM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
1. The best IOS apps rely on the multitouch screen - eg. Samplr, Model 15, Borderlands Granular. Apps like that won't translate well to MacOS until we see Macbooks with multitouch screens.

2. I'd like to see the same file management that MacOS has... on IOS. IOS file management was a mess until Apple introduced the Files app. But there's still plenty of room for improvement. A lot of apps still save their files to some weird nonstandard location that can't be seen in the Files app. Unlike fellow IOS users, I don't really need to see Ableton Live or Logic Pro on iPad, as I don't mind using one of those multitouch remote controller apps that turn an iPad into a wireless multitouch controller for Live/Logic. I'm not saying don't ever port Live/Logic to IOS - just saying I personally have no need for either as I've got Live running just fine on my desktop computer.

Moderated by  Dr Mike Metlay 

Link Copied to Clipboard