Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Me and Crumar

Hi, guys -

Just a quick note to let you all know that I will not be working with Crumar any longer.

As some of you may have noticed, I've added AEA Ribbon Mics to the assortment of companies with whom I work. Combined with what's going on with my other partners and the stuff I need to do with MPN, there just aren't enough hours in the day...

Additionally, as the guy who runs KC, it seems cleaner for me to not have any professional associations with any keyboard companies. I'm sure that makes sense.

I thank Andrea for the time we've spent working togegther, and wish him the best of luck.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man don"t give up keyboard company gigs because of forum appearances. We are all a bunch of independent minded yahoos. We are going to buy what we want anyway. You are great at keyboards. Your work is legendary.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

My concern to have a business relationship with Crumar would be whether they are a company at all, or a proprietorship of Guido (and Andrea). But they have been at this effort for a while, and at least as far as I know, it's a 2-man operation.

I know most boutique instrument companies are small, but the good companies are also methodically and carefully growing and building their R&D, production, product support, marketing, distribution to scale. Nord, Viscount organs and others have been gradually growing and there are more people to help keep the business moving.

I don't mean to diminish Guido personally, nor his products, but if he got sick or tripped and fell, it seems like the whole operation would stop for everybody involved. I don't believe they focus on scale or growth to be a partner with.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Man don"t give up keyboard company gigs because of forum appearances. We are all a bunch of independent minded yahoos. We are going to buy what we want anyway. You are great at keyboards. Your work is legendary.

+1 :2thu:

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Conflict of interest never crossed my mind. You have always been a man of integrity, as long as I"ve known you. That said, I understand the need to take a thing or two off your plate, but should another keys company surface you have no reason to hesitate on my account.

+1 :2thu:

Conflict of interest never crossed my mind. You have always been a man of integrity, as long as I"ve known you. That said, I understand the need to take a thing or two off your plate, but should another keys company surface you have no reason to hesitate on my account.

I"m with these guys. Never bothered me...it"s not like you were the chief sales manager for Korg or some big company, and constantly pushing products and censoring disagreements, for example.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

In fact, Dave's relationship with some people in the industry helped us get answers here. I know Guido and Andrea have been members of the forum for a while, but IIRC there have been times when Dave :poke: them because some questions here didn't get answered simply because they didn't see them (sorry if I'm wrong on that).

Anyway, thanks for all you do, dB, and keep up the great work here and with all your companies!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

+1 for this not being a problem.

I'm confused though- you're referring to your work for publicity, right? Not your sound designer work-

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

I really appreciate all the kind words - thanks, guys! :wave:

FWIW, part of the aspect of impartiality is that Crumar has been the only keyboard brand where it"s odd for me to say anything I want. Not that I wanna pick on Crumar - I"d just rather be able to freely talk about the brand as another user, just like I can with any other instrument here.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm confused though- you're referring to your work for publicity, right? Not your sound designer work-

I've never done any sound design work for Crumar.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

All sounds reasonable, dB. I really appreciated your help picking out and purchasing my Mojo XT, so I'm glad I got in under the wire there. It is nice to have a trustworthy intermediary. We're lucky to have you at the helm.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Dave, I don"t think you need to limit yourself like this. Conflict of interest isn"t an issue. I think it"s good practice for folks to state any affiliations they have (which you and others do). After that, it"s up to each forum member to make their own purchasing decisions.

+1

Go with your gut, but I don't think you need to worry about being perceived as a company flack on this forum. Far from it.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain