Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looks cool...

picker

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A right handed left handed make fun of Gibson decades later for making fun of Fender by making the Firebird and sort of copying the Fender headstock but with banjo tuners kind of a style thang? :laugh:
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I wish Fender had used / would use, that Strat bridge and string through tremolo system on the Jaguar and Jazzmaster where the upside down body concept came from...the stock ones leave a lot to be desired IMHO. :cool:
Take care, Larryz

I wish Fender had used / would use, that Strat bridge and string through tremolo system on the Jaguar and Jazzmaster where the upside down body concept came from...the stock ones leave a lot to be desired IMHO. :cool:

When I was just out of the Navy and pretty much broke, a guy gave me the pieces of a Jazzmaster. Fortunately it was most of the pieces, and a fellow I knew in Hannibal Mo found a brass aftermarket bridge. which it needed, that had been sitting on the shelf in a local music store for a very long time. It even had a brown Fender hardshell case. A different friend had a local tech put it together for me. There were only two original features of the guitar I liked; the neck pickup and the trem. I guess that bridge made a difference in keeping it tune, which I understand was a problem with the original trem/bridge set up. The trem didn't have a lot of range up or down, certainly not as much as a strat trem, but it had enough for what I was doing, and after I figured it out, I was able to use it effectively for what I wanted. It ended up being one of my favorite trems to work with.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

The Ventures did a lot of cool whammy work using the Jazzmaster and Jaguar trems back in the day. I liked using mine for surf stuff but I would have really liked having the Strat trem like your OP Sonic set up. The original saddles were screw threads which were OK. I've heard that guys would swap them out for a Mustang bridge which was smooth like a roller bridge and stayed in tune better. The only problem I had with the original screw saddles was that I would jump a thread now and then if I played too rough while chording. I sold my Jag to my old lead guitar buddy and gave my Jazzmaster to my son-n-law. They both love them... :love:
Take care, Larryz