Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Downloading New Sounds Into Kurzweil PC 4

I'm looking for a pipe organ sound in my Kurzweil PC 4, but haven't found any even close to it on the keyboard. All the default instrument organ sounds are more like small church organ types. So I'm wondering, is it possible to download instrument sounds from the computer and onto the keyboard? If so, how and from where?

If not, is there a way to adjust the existing organs to create the sound I'm looking for?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Facebook Kurzweil PC4 Forum... You'll want file " JEUDORG2_PP.PC4

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1541708299314501/?post_id=1582385391913458

As noted on this Facebook forum: "..Pipe Organ patches converted from an old free "jeux d'orgues 2.sf2" (thanks to RobertoMusica of supportimusicali.it forum).."

Jeux d"orgues 2 : Stiehr-Mockers

https://www.jeuxdorgues.com/jeux-d-orgues-2-stiehr-mockers/?lang=en#otherformats

Stiehr and Mockers were famous organ builders who lived in XIXth century in Alsace (France). This organ was built in 1843 for Romanswiller.

The recording session was done on Sept. 30th 2000 on the Stiehr-Mockers organ of Romanswiller, without any modification of the original sound.

The files will load in the PC4, but were not fully tweaked for the PC4 controls ... as-is, but quite impressive

...break out your sub-woofer....

Feel free to check this out. I don't know if it's closer to the sound you want.

Currently: Kurzweil PC4, PC3X & K2000.

Novation Mininova. Roland FA-06.

IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 & Syntronik.

Previously: Korg Trinity Plus. Roland XP-80. Yamaha EX-5.

Is it worthwhile to start using Facebook as a Kurz PC4 owner? I have stayed clear for so long now.

Not necessarily. If you're having a lot of trouble using your PC4 and you are looking for support and knowledge from other users, the PC Series group on fb is great.

But there is not a lot of sounds/programs sharing going on in there, as it's difficult to keep track of such things on a fb-page.

For more in depth discussions I'd say this forum here is arguably better.

Currently: Kurzweil PC4, PC3X & K2000.

Novation Mininova. Roland FA-06.

IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 & Syntronik.

Previously: Korg Trinity Plus. Roland XP-80. Yamaha EX-5.

Facebook........ More extensive support for Kurzweil Boards is usually found at:

Ksetlist - A community of users of Kurzweil keyboards

https://ksetlist.com/community/the-kurzweil-set-list-for-pc3-pc3k-pc3a-pc3le-sp4-sp5-sp6-artis-artisse-forte-fortese/

or here for mastering the synth engine programming (V.A.S.T. architecture) for Kurzweil boards

https://forums.godlike.com.au/

However both the PC4 and SP6 facebook pages have a scattering of questions-responses and sometimes files.

The Stiehr-Mockers organ sampled programs seemed to have only shown up on the Facebook PC4 site

As noted on this Facebook forum: "..Pipe Organ patches converted from an old free "jeux d'orgues 2.sf2" (thanks to RobertoMusica of supportimusicali.it forum).."

Jeux d"orgues 2 : Stiehr-Mockers

https://www.jeuxdorgues.com/jeux-d-orgues-2-stiehr-mockers/?lang=en#otherformats

Stiehr and Mockers were famous organ builders who lived in XIXth century in Alsace (France). This organ was built in 1843 for Romanswiller.

The recording session was done on Sept. 30th 2000 on the Stiehr-Mockers organ of Romanswiller, without any modification of the original sound.

The files will load in the PC4, but were not fully tweaked for the PC4 controls ... as-is, but quite impressive

...break out your sub-woofer....

I downloaded the file, but I'm unable to extract the .zip. It says the file is either corrupt or not supported by the .zip extractor program I'm using (Express Zip), which I've used for lots of other stuff.

If it's an actual program, it will have a .PC4 file extension. If it's a bunch of .wav files, you've got your work cut out for you.

Can't tell from your attachment. You've got to go a little further within the file to tell. I don't think either one is unzipped yet.

It should show 'extract' up top when you click on a zip file.

If it's a .PC4 file, load it onto a usb drive, plug the drive into the PC4 and navigate to it from the global menu.

If it's a substantial size, it might take a little time to load it.

Tessila,

Not sure where you got that file. As felis noted you'll need the version with the .PC4 extension

..which is the PC4 version... ..the link to that file is below:

As has been noted, put it on a USB stick, follow instructions on your PC4 manual to open the file on the PC4, and select the organ sample patches to load...I think there are six or so...

loading info can be found in PC4-Musician's_Guide_(Rev-C).PDF (Kurzweil dowloads for PC4), page 9-18

Okay. It"s not extracting then. I don"t know why it won"t work.

The link you shared is only going to that group which I joined, not an actual post. So I"d found the file in the group"s files page, so I downloaded it from there.

Okay, I was able to upload the file to my keyboard, and it contained organs I was looking for. Now my question is, why can I only go as low as C2, and as high as F6. Were the sounds created on a smaller keyboard, or what? Is there any way to get the full keyboard on the sounds, or not?

You can examine the keymaps and layers and find the highest and lowest samples, and then extend the range down on the lowest and up on the highest.

They're samples though and if you transpose them beyond a certain range, you'll get artifacts and distortions.

The lower range will sound like monsters and the upper range will sound like chipmunks.

The keyboard range of those sound samples is of the actual French 'Stiehr-Mockers' organ...which was not 88 keys.

As Felis has noted, if you try to extend that range higher or lower, you'll likely get some bogus sounds ( I have not tried it)