Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sampletekk 80% off sale

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they are going into the "add this, add that" mode.

I got SampleTank 3 on huge sale just before SampleTank 4 came out. SampleTank 3 sucked, very glitchy on a Mac.

I got the least expensive version of SampleTank 4 when it came out and it runs all my 3 sounds. MUCH better interface, does not crash everything all at once like 3 did.

Pretty well set there although I did add the ClaviTube for $14 recently. It's pretty awesome and I didn't have a good clavinet sound.

The full version is a true Swiss Army Knife plugin. You could make a great record just using that and nothing else. I won't though...

The OP thread is about the Swedish developer SampleTEKK, not Sampletank . . . but thanks for your thoughts anyway :)

https://www.sampletekk.com/

yep they having an 80% off sale till July

if memory serves me right, they are most notable for having been the developer for Nord's acoustic grand sound before Nord went all in on developing their own sample library.

IMPORTANT

If you are using the free Kontakt Player, the instruments will only open in a time limited DEMO mode. To use the instruments you'll need the full Kontakt sampler. The piano SampleTekk Black, will work with the free player since it comes with a player license.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

This here is the danger of finally getting the full version of Kontakt (with Komplete, bought on sale!). Do I need another piano? Or another choir, drum, guitar, strings or whatever library? No! But when you see these gaudy percentages it's hard to resist! :)

I may have to get one of these if I can find one that is good and different enough from what I have. This is really a great deal.

I have the Komplete pianos (Grandeur, Maverick, Una Corda and Gentleman--of these I like the Grandeur the best for "regular" piano, and love Una Corda for being different). The Grandeur is, iirc, a Yamaha C7. It isn't super-dynamic or super full of character but it is very playable and has a nice sound.

I also have CFX Lite, which I'd consider my most dynamic and "best" piano library probably, of course this is a Yamaha CFX. So I obviously have Yamaha covered so far!

Additionally, I have the Addictive Keys pianos but I think they are a tier down. And--and I forgot I bought it--I have Fluffy Audio's My Piano from when it was ten bucks. That has that old upright character in spades.

So I'm thinking if one of these complements the CFX and doesn't tread new ground I may go for it. Liking the sound in the demos but aint that always the case :)

I have the White Grand and the Black Grand. I also have the Emperor and the Old Lady which are no longer available.

I don't have Kontakt but I use them in Logic's EXS24 sampler. I just downloaded TBO and hopefully my old MBP will be

able to handle it.

JC

I see the single perspective Steinways at $7.80, that is quite a bargain for a piano that claims 32 samples per note. They sound pretty good to me too. Of course that doesn't mean they'll feel good under my fingers, but for less than $8 (and it plays in the free Sforzando player) you don't have much to lose, imo.

Demos sound good, if I have a concern it's that the samples appear to be quite old--which doesn't matter if they are good of course!

That white grand (and the bundle with the white sister) had an interesting character that is pretty different from anything I have. That or the black grand (Steinway D) would probably be my choices if I go ahead.

Demos sound good, if I have a concern it's that the samples appear to be quite old--which doesn't matter if they are good of course!

I play the Native Instruments "New York" which are samples that started life in their "Akoustik Piano" plugin close to 20 years ago. I have not been moved to change to anything newer. Still, for $8, I might just give this a shot. It seems to collapse to mono a little better than the New York. Very occasionally I'm forced to go mono on a gig so this could be worth having for those times.

The download is only 245Mb which makes me a little suspicious that maybe they're stretching or looping samples. I know they're flac compressed so at maximum 8x compression that would be a shade under 2GB of samples, pretty small in today's world of higher-end piano VIs.

Yes, the Black Grand has 3 perspectives, so if you get the full Black Grand MkII, you"ll have all three.

Also have a look at TVBO (The Very Big One). That"s their largest. It"s a Yamaha C7 library, combining TBO MkII and 7CG MkII.

Another interesting one, also one of the larger libs, is the WG2MkII, a combination of their Malmsjö libraries.

Just checked em out and bought the Black Grand, the White Grand and the Rain upright after listening to demos. Thanks for the recs guys, I was just about to post a question here asking which were the best piano Virtual instruments in 2020. Even if these aren't them, for the price that's a lot of bang for the buck.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• 2 weeks later...

Well they got me :)

My buddy was on me to use a harpsichord sound (yuck, personally, but I'm game!) for a tune, I tried using the one in Kontakt but it surprisingly wasn't very good, at least it wasn't the sound he was after. Some searching on forums found me a mention of Sampletekk having one, and it's on sale for two dollars and change right now. Bam!

...but of course it's silly to check out with only 2 bucks in your cart, that's unheard-of! So I added the White Grand, since it provided a timbre of piano I don't have. Grand total, 18 bucks.

I have no reason whatsoever to look at any more piano libraries. I have many reasons to practice more with what I have, the evidence is right there every time I do a recording :)