Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HX3.5 Module Coming

I just received this email:

Dear Paul Knight,

in June 2018 we would like to introduce a new product: Our all-new HX3.5 organ module will feature all HX3 benefits including the legendary HX3 sound, but also a range of organ simulations not found before: Think of a mighty Hammond H100 with Harp Sustain and 2nd Voice tabs, a Wersi Helios or a Böhm theatre organ - even a Vox Continental or legendary Combo organs are within reach. HX3.5 supports up to 12 Drawbars per manual with three mixtures you might define by yourself. It has additional "electronic gating" besides the classic "machanical" contacts, loadable generator waveforms (up to 96 notes), percussion on every harmonic and a complete ADSR circuit on each key to resemble a genuine Wersi or Böhm sound. You will also find an additional signal prozessor capable of various reverbs along with Pianos and GM voices.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Paul Knight,

in June 2018 we would like to introduce a new product: Our all-new HX3.5 organ module will feature all HX3 benefits including the legendary HX3 sound, but also a range of organ simulations not found before: Think of a mighty Hammond H100 with Harp Sustain and 2nd Voice tabs, a Wersi Helios or a Böhm theatre organ - even a Vox Continental or legendary Combo organs are within reach. HX3.5 supports up to 12 Drawbars per manual with three mixtures you might define by yourself. It has additional "electronic gating" besides the classic "machanical" contacts, loadable generator waveforms (up to 96 notes), percussion on every harmonic and a complete ADSR circuit on each key to resemble a genuine Wersi or Böhm sound. You will also find an additional signal prozessor capable of various reverbs along with Pianos and GM voices.

The H-100 part sounds very interesting. That was always my favorite Hammond model because it had four extra harmonics on the upper manual and two extra on the lower. It had 4 pedal drawbars. That along with the slow-scan Celeste option with the vibrato scanner gave it a great sound that you couldnt get in any other model, except the X-66.

Dear Paul Knight,

Interesting ... technically.

But I wonder who needs Wersi and Böhm organs,- that´s the sound I hated when I was young already.

The Addy Zehnpfennig, Klaus Wunderlich and who else era ...

Vox, Farfisa and Gibson combo organs are welcome though and even I rarely use ´em today.

I´d wish they add ringmod, wah, phaser and tube disc- and /or tape-delay like Binson Echorec and early Echoplex in addition to reverb and arrangeable in a user selectable sequential order,- at least delay & reverb pre/post leslie sim.

I also wonder who will be the 1st coming w/ a convincing dual tube-leslie sim.

A.C.

Interesting ... technically.

But I wonder who needs Wersi and Böhm organs,- that´s the sound I hated when I was young already.

The Addy Zehnpfennig, Klaus Wunderlich and who else era ...

Vox, Farfisa and Gibson combo organs are welcome though and even I rarely use ´em today.

I´d wish they add ringmod, wah, phaser and tube disc- and /or tape-delay like Binson Echorec and early Echoplex in addition to reverb and arrangeable in a user selectable sequential order,- at least delay & reverb pre/post leslie sim.

I also wonder who will be the 1st coming w/ a convincing dual tube-leslie sim.

A.C.

yes, matter of taste , mine is similar to yours obviously

Ive already got a Wersi and Bohm.

Its called the B3000/B4000 by Creamware/Ferrofish.

I keep them in case I do a Hockey or NFL game.

Id love to hear a 12 drawbar Hammond though.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Pass.......

well, you don't need this since you are using a Gemini module but for someone who wants a small footprint, great sounding organ module, this fits the bill. Keyboard Partners sold every HX3 they manufactured, can't see any reason why this newer version will be any different.

:nopity:

When will someone emulate the Wurlitzer 4573 of my youth? Orbit 3 "synthesizer", baby!!!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

• 5 months later...

Still trying to find out what the price of this is.

I am not seeing it on the Diversi website.

Also.... what is the benefit of this upgrade ? I am hearing that it has extra drawbar harmonics, and am not sure what else it does that the HX3 does not.

I got to play a Numa 1 recently and was surprised how much I liked it. It pretty much got raked over the coals by " The B-3 Burner", Mitch Towne and others during the time it was out.

The Key B stuff doesn't see much in the way of upgrade or updates, beyond the changes in manufacturing. In reality I have liked the Studiologic and now the Viscount version.

Anyway I get frustrated chasing updates and upgrades. I just wish for a little less " throb" from the CV on the HX3 and hoping that this made the upgrade.

290 for a new board, and the surgery by Tom @ Diversi.

Im liking the 12 Drawbars.

Since I gang selected drawbars for swelling I wouldnt have any trouble doing this.

Lots of little add ins like 128 GM Instruments.

Probably like the Integra 7.

Im hoping the drawbars have one where the pitch can be between the 8 and 4

Maybe a 24 a 12 3/5ths.

Well see in December.

Im sending mine in and cover it with Blue3 vrs.2 or whatever the last upgrade was.

Ill share my opinions here before New Years.

Im always loving the old methods with new variations added

We all have emulations of old hardware and acoustic instruments we like.

We stop there?

OK.... I guess I got one question answered. 290 dollars for an upgrade from Diversi.

So back to the second question. Besides having 12 drawbar capability, what are the other benefits of this upgrade?

Have CV issues been addressed at all ?

One main benefit of the HX3 that I have. I love using Hammond XK2 as a controller with the HX3. In my opinion the XK2 has the best keybed feel of anything, and you do get drawbar control and Hammond expression pedal using it as the controller.

It's hard to get any info on the HX3 or 3.5 these days. Hope the upgrade is worth the price.

Ill let you know, and as far as scanner c3 Mine sounds exactly the way I like.

Iits flawless with a clean swell.

But when you start using Tube gain it creeps into drawbar leakage, horn balance evrything, so thats where I have to make sure it doesnt drown out the Vibrato.

Im hoping to get a signature sound, Im already getting nice compliments on horn sections and Hammond.

Thats fine but Im wishing they heard the Code 8 since its 6 times the cost of my rackmounted PC. Hell they robably thought it was the HX-3 without the rotary.

I am still on 4.22 , and the CV on that could stand to have a bit less throb. It's not quite on par with my Legend Live through speakers. It sounds better through certain headphones, and has been great for practice.

Also... on slow percussion decay the percussion volume could be a bit more well balanced in the 4th and 5th octave. The percussion is fine in the mid range but tends to weaken as I go into upper registers.

There are no such issues with the Legend Live.

So for me its still.... Legend live for jazz, HX3 for rock.

I am just curious regarding what is different about the 3.5 besides the extra drawbars. I am surprised that there is not more interest of discussion on this.

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S COMING TO AMERICA . . . . .

The upgrade kits have arrived to Drawbar City. My beloved HX3 is in Woodlyn, PA, probably on the bench, for the HX3.5 upgrade at this very moment, being ministered to by the SuperHero of organ upgrades and all around really excellent Customer Service guy, Mr. Tom Tuson.

Can't wait to spend quality time with the HX3.5 whenever it comes back. And hoping for more PIANO sounds on the GM side.

The H100 drawbars were:

16' - Sub-Fundamental

8' - Fund

6 1/2 - Sub-Third (is only accessible by the Chime Tab)

5 1/3 - Sub-Fifth

4 ' - 2nd Harm

2 2/3' 3rd Harm

2', 1 1/3, 1 3/5, 1' 4th to 8th Harm

7th + 9th Harm (drawbar 10)

10th and 12 Harm (drawbar 11)

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

The H100 drawbars were:

16' - Sub-Fundamental

8' - Fund

6 1/2 - Sub-Third (is only accessible by the Chime Tab)

5 1/3 - Sub-Fifth

4 ' - 2nd Harm

2 2/3' 3rd Harm

2', 1 1/3, 1 3/5, 1' 4th to 8th Harm

7th + 9th Harm (drawbar 10)

10th and 12 Harm (drawbar 11)

Thanks.

This will be fun.

Whats nice is using odd drawbar settings on lower manual.

When the same notes on upper manual are blended with lower manual playing the same notes its unique and blends really well.

Actually I learned this from watching Ronnie Argent.

These extra footages will get you a signature sound for sure.

• 1 year later...

Wow.

Always had issues with the last Editor and Flash Upgrader.

Did get it to work but once I got what I wanted, never touched it again, as each new upgrade worked fine, but was painful.

Not anymore.

This whole upgrade sounds better, looks better, works flawlessly, one touch.

If you have an HX-3, this really is a great deal considering the new drawbars, Reverbs, CaM Rotor, etc.

I bought the extended license for extra drawbars, not the GM.

Don't have a clue what it sounds like or does.

I"d never use it, I have high quality samples so downgrades are of no interest.

Thanks Keyboard Partners