Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ghost ship full of synths

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 7 years old and living in Baltimore City when this happened. I have absolutely no recollection of this story. :wave:

That's what all the people who got a free Moog say :mad:

What an amazing story. It made me imagine, what if.... someone with money to spread creates happy accidents like this throughout the world. I'm surprised that they weren't confiscated by the local government and sold.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

I doubt if anyone on a remote island with little - if any - electricity available could have figured out how to set up a modular Moog let alone get a sound out of it. Nearly every African country with electricity has 220-230V. Since this shipment was bound for Brazil most likely everything was set to run on 120-127V though Brazil has areas that use 220V. A voltage converter as well as adaptor plugs would be needed to use any of this gear assuming there was amplification equipment available. It seems the name of the ship has been forgotten. A bigger mystery is what happened to the crew and how they got so far off course.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

This article is based on a very tongue-in-cheek blurb on the record label's website, which you can read here.

I think the reason you're all confused is that The Guardian left out the critical fact that the ship took a spontaneous trip through the space-time continuum and then deposited itself 8 kilometres inland surrounded by a massive impact crater. No, I am not making this up!

Obvious in hindsight really and explains how the locals were able to get their hands on Little Phattys and Kronoses in 1968. Also speaks volumes for Moog and Korg's build quality.

Another far less plausible explanation is that the journo in question was looking for some copy to meet his deadline and took a few short cuts in the verification of the "facts" as presented by the record label. I know this never happens in on-line journalism, but maybe just this one time?

Another far less plausible explanation is that the journo in question was looking for some copy to meet his deadline and took a few short cuts in the verification of the "facts" as presented by the record label. I know this never happens in on-line journalism, but maybe just this one time?

No, Paul, this is standard Guardian nonsense. Always wasting our time, a journalistic embarrassment.

:nopity: