Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: What's a decent router for home use?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of different options being shared here. It can be a little overwhelming. I spent weeks doing research on this topic, reading various online articles, checking in with friends, and thinking about my desired end state. Each of the different options has its pros/cons and then there are brands and tiers within those brands.

I'd suggest continuing to research and learn about the options. What is your current setup (you shared a few things in the original post) and infrastructure (do you have wiring in your house or easy access to add it) and what is your desired future state? You can probably get there in different ways at different price points.

I use a Ubiquity product, UAP-AC-M UniFi indoor/outdoor access point. However, I do not use it for at home. Rather, it is an access point connected to a X32 Rack for remote mixing control via Wi-Fi. For the house I use two Asus RT-AC66U routers in my house but I do not get the range that I need. So I am also looking for a new solution.

Ubiquity makes many products. Most are for commercial uses but there is now a home Wi-Fi router and mesh solution called AmpliFi. The following link shows an overview of the AmpliFi system and has suggestions for various configurations. I am seriously looking at this one.

Klonk