Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

YA Virtual Happy Hour/WWKCFH?

In actuality, Sam hasn't turned off the last one, so until or unless he does, you can post here and or sign in using the same info and see if anyone else is around. I'm logged in ATM but won't be active much today due to other commitments.

But I was thinking that maybe we should make it "official" and start things up late Friday AM Eastern Time and again run it through the weekend and beyond. Post here if you know you will be on or if you're looking for others to join you. What do you guys think?

[For once, I haven't checked with Sam first, but I highly suspect using the same "room" from a few weeks ago will be fine. If not, he'll slap me down, I'm sure. :D ]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, what does Cornell University think about all this? Maybe y'all should be cloaking these events in the appropriate academic verbal regalia, Joe, er, I mean, Adjunct Prof. Muscara.

I definitely want to participate again, just not possible for me to plan anything during the hours my kids are awake.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Having the ongoing chat room is nice, but someone should probably propose a day and time, make it more of a "hang."

I thought that's what I was doing. :idk:

Just curious, what does Cornell University think about all this?

Cornell who?

Maybe y'all should be cloaking these events in the appropriate academic verbal regalia, Joe, er, I mean, Adjunct Prof. Muscara.
I wish! I was just thinking about that today, getting an email from the department of my major from my alma mater (Maryland, not Cornell. Who do I look like, Andy Bernard?)

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Having the ongoing chat room is nice, but someone should probably propose a day and time, make it more of a "hang."

I thought that's what I was doing.

Whoops -- quite right, so you did. Mea Culpa. See you then!

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Just curious, what does Cornell University think about all this? Maybe y'all should be cloaking these events in the appropriate academic verbal regalia, Joe, er, I mean, Adjunct Prof. Muscara.
Well, as I work in support for language instruction for the university, and since we have forumites from multiple countries, some of whom speak languages other than English (and I'm not even talking about our Australian friends), I'm going to call it "R&D."

Maybe y'all should be cloaking these events in the appropriate academic verbal regalia, Joe, er, I mean, Adjunct Prof. Muscara.
I wish! I was just thinking about that today, getting an email from the department of my major from my alma mater (Maryland, not Cornell. Who do I look like, Andy Bernard?)
Got straight Bs. They called me Buzz.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I thought that's what I was doing.

Whoops -- quite right, so you did. Mea Culpa. See you then!

No worries. It's always good to see you on the VHH/WWKCFH, Tom! :thu:

...since we have forumites from multiple countries, some of whom speak languages other than English (and I'm not even talking about our Australian friends)...

Nice little clip there, Slammin' Sam!

Dead set, your mob would have Buckley's of cottoning on to any of our strine if we didn't dumb it down for you.

I will probably not make this one as I'm driving up to NY to see my Dad tomorrow but...

He apparently has internet access now only because in order to have television and phone service with this new provider he had to have it packaged with internet. No computer but I plan to bring my spare and if I can hook it up and get it working before he throws me and it out on the street then maybe.

If I do get it working I'll introduce him (maybe around 5:00 pm EST) and you guys can help this 94 year old classically regimented still practicing 5+ hours a day piano teacher of mine decide on his first synth.

:popcorn:

I will probably not make this one as I'm driving up to NY to see my Dad tomorrow but...

He apparently has internet access now only because in order to have television and phone service with this new provider he had to have it packaged with internet. No computer but I plan to bring my spare and if I can hook it up and get it working before he throws me and it out on the street then maybe.

If I do get it working I'll introduce him (maybe around 5:00 pm EST) and you guys can help this 94 year old classically regimented still practicing 5+ hours a day piano teacher of mine decide on his first synth.

:popcorn:

Absolutely! And I'm being serious here, how cool would it be to get him on the podcast, he'd have some great stories!!

In other breaking news: Zoom host Samuel B Lupowitz has agreed to do a recital of his recent podcast appearance. How amazing is that :D

I just tested for the first time the Zoom "unchanged audio" setting, by connecting an USB audio interface to a Android device, and selecting the unchanged audio after enabling it. It appears to work, but the bandwidth I tested with a 1/3oct band analyzer and is limited to 8kHz, like an AM radio station, so that's not great, unfortunately...

TV

I missed the first two as well, but should be able to stop in late Friday afternoon/early evening. Didn't catch the log on info the first time though; Zoom, right?

If you could repost it that would be great :)

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Yes, it's Zoom.

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

P.S. You can get on right now if you're so inclined. It will simply stay open from now until whenever. Enjoy! :cheers:

Yes, it's Zoom.

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

P.S. You can get on right now if you're so inclined. It will simply stay open from now until whenever. Enjoy! :cheers:

In other breaking news: Zoom host Samuel B Lupowitz has agreed to do a recital of his recent podcast appearance. How amazing is that :D
What does a recital of a podcast appearance entail? Me telling a lot of old stories about my music and bandmates? I don't need too much prompting, as you've discovered!

I'll be popping in periodically over the next day and a half!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

I have just joined the meeting, but unfortunately, nobody is there. I'll try again later.

Funny, I've been on for 47 minutes, the forum says you posted 55 minutes ago, we must have just missed each other. :(

What does a recital of a podcast appearance entail? Me telling a lot of old stories about my music and bandmates? I don't need too much prompting, as you've discovered!

No it means you have to recite verbatim all your interview answers, without the questions :D

No it means you have to recite verbatim all your interview answers, without the questions :D

Oh dear, I'll start by saying "you know" as a filler phrase a whole lot, thank oughtta get me close. :wink:

As soon as I'm done editing these videos for work, I'll hop in.

Samuel B. Lupowitz