Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ten Essential Books for the Night Photographer's Library

Ten Essential Books for the Night Photographer's Library

Great books that cover much of the history of night photography as well as some of the great masters of the genre. And as a bonus, although my book is not on the list itself, it is mentioned in the article!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh crap....I meant to post this in the Big Picture forum. Oh well. It's really been one of those days.....

although my book is not on the list itself

Well that shoots the credibility right there :)

Well, narrowing it down to ten, I'm beyond flattered as an "honorable mention" if I am alongside the giant heavyweights of night photography, the legendary O Winston Link, Bill Brandt, Michael Kenna, Troy Paiva, Lance Keimig and others. Those guys are pioneers and legends, even if they aren't household names among people who don't do night photography. Us current night photographers are standing on the shoulders of those giants.

It's like if I released a book as a recording engineering/music production, and I was considered "honorable mention" after ten books by Rupert Neve, Bruce Swedien, Geoff Emerick, Steve Albini, Brian Eno, and Craig Anderton.

At any rate, I have more strange music to record, and more night photography images to create. We shall see what the future holds.