Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: cool toys and knick knacks for the studio

I"m sure more than a few of you have an original Star Wars figure or Dukes of Hazard General Lee, maybe a family vacation picture in a shell frame, or a USS Enterprise on your desk or in the studio.

Just stumbled across this!

[video:youtube]

What else you got?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL96/792815/4063775/414438638.jpg

My favorite toy......

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I am a bit on the unique side of toys sitting in my bedroom studio, I have a bunch of stuffed animals, rubber chickens and ducks, rubber animal figures, and some vintage squeeze toys from the 60"s and 70"s and one or two from the 90"s. But then my music studio has some toy or childish instruments like toy percussion and 2 recorders, a slide whistle, and a Melodica.
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

How does an Incentive Spirometer help to make music? What key is it in?

I had a voice teacher once that had me use a device like this in reverse. Had to blow through the tube and keep a ping pong ball afloat.

How does an Incentive Spirometer help to make music? What key is it in?

After my triple bypass two years ago it got me back on track despite my allergies and nightly CPAP use. It has a place of honor in my studio and I still use it weekly.

For me it"s in the key of Life.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Actually, I'm a much bigger Trek fan than SWars -- but Lego hasn't succeeded in licensing that franchise for us AFOLs :cry: "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a Wookie!"

hToevYb.jpg

:) I grew up with Star Trek in re-run in the 70s. Have seen every episode thanks to late night runs of the full series (like they do for The Honeymooners and the Twilight Zone). Been picking out my favs in the evening lately since being in lockdown. Great knick knacks, thanks for sharing!

HO trains....in the photo below, track and wiring had just been completed and locomotives and cars were still snug in their boxes.

49918960158_c8bbe43fbf_z.jpg

We had a few HOs growing up. My younger brother and had gotten into N scale for a while. He's wrapped up in vintage Lionel as an adult. I started my daughter on HO though and it's something we enjoy together.

Drones (and R/C), diecast, and (since grandkids) Lego have been a priority, and my wife has banned these from the rest of the house, so my studio is jammed with , eh, stuff.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL96/792815/4063775/414439679.jpg

I own a 2002 Chevy Avalanche which explains most of this, but the drone shelf was overflowing, so they're mixed in here. The Lego is great for STEM teaching and the grandkids help in the assembly

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL96/792815/4063775/414439678.jpg

I started with R/C helicopters 15 years ago - I didn't know how hard they were - but the VTOLS are interesting challenges and a nice change of pace.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL96/792815/4063775/414439680.jpg

Yup, big McHale's Navy freak. Got 'em all on DVD and still watch 'em. I'd love to find out who played tuba when Frank Comstock re-arranged the theme song in season three and kicked it into a swing style.

More odds and ends, but those are the biggies.

Jake

"It needs a Hammond"

R/C, awesome fun. My brother just converted his gas car to electric, holy hell the torque! Drones and helicopters, also great fun.

A friend of mine was at Disney in Cali before the Covid life. Check out what they have for muching your popcorn....

Millennium-Falcon-Popcorn-Bucket-700x525.jpg

It now lives over his Nord Lead. ;)

This is my toy, the finest expression of the 70s french culture.

If know the Shadoks, you'll find funny that i try to be a minimalist.

If you do not know the Shadoks and talk a bit of french, you should check them out on Youtube :->

Maurizio

1113.jpg.76d4f8b60121a56ff7c8fdc12519d70b.jpg

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

This is my toy, the finest expression of the 70s french culture.

If know the Shadoks, you'll find funny that i try to be a minimalist.

If you do not know the Shadoks and talk a bit of french, you should check them out on Youtube :->

Maurizio

:) I will have to check it out! He looks to be an unassuming fellow.

This is my Guitar Smurf - 1977

b07d13eb4e4616c284df690388de970a--the-smurfs-headphones.jpg

Closest I have is my Monotron.

I do, however, have a few good things on the walls, including my framed poster of Moogfest 2011 (attended), a laminated portrait of Jake & Elwood Blues, a fight poster for the imaginary Ali vs Tyson fight, and an oil painting of my hands on the piano from my very own mother.