Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The MPN Shop - It's Built, It's Ready, It's Open!

What about "Keyboard Players do it better up the back" :D

What about it? :idk:;)

Hey, a quick note about the MPN Shop: over the years - especially the last year - I've had more than a few people reach out to me and ask if there was a way they could contribute to offsetting any expenses incurred by MPN. I've never been comfortable with the idea of taking money for anything I've done for the forum..but the bottom line is that there are expenses involved in running it, and it would be nice if we were able to better support the folks (i.e. brother Jim Quinn) who help keep this place alive, and attract even more talent to continue to add value to the place and expand what we're able to offer the community.

While the idea of something like a tip jar or Patreon account doesn't really appeal to me - I've never been one for handouts - trying to make something interesting that we can offer to people in exchange for their support does. :cool:

That's what we're up to with the MPN Shop. :thu:

What we've done there so far is only the beginning. Craig plans to add at least one new cool thing each week for a while, I can apparently make just about any piece of MPN merch I want (MAN, that's fun), and there are other folks we've been speaking with who would love to offer what they do or what they make to the MPN community - all sorts of cool things. I'll even tease you with one: we're in the process of finishing up a deal to be able to offer a bunch of exclusive live performance video that I do believe more than a few of us will enjoy.

Anyway, the bottom line is that if the MPN Shop looks like a cash grab, there's a good reason - it is, after all, a store - but hopefully you guys will approve of the reason behind it, as well as what we've done with it so far and what we'll continue to do with it going forward.

Thanks so much! :)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig plans to add at least one new cool thing each week for a while

Yes, and a big part of this for me is that so many times at my seminars or workshops, people will ask how they can get something I use, and I have to tell them it's not available. A good example is the Chord Library for songwriting that's part of my songwriting workshops, or the bass sounds or custom reverb IRs in my "Compelling Mixes" seminar. So now I have a place where people can get the bass sounds and IRs, and I hope to make the Chord Library available sooner rather than later (I need to clean up some loose ends, write the documentation, and do a demo video).

I've accumulated a lot of interesting samples, presets, etc. over the years...and they might want to get out more, instead of just staying at home on my hard drive :)

Just got me that hoodie and a cap - due to current exchange rates, a bit on the pricey side, but worth it reckon! :)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay...so, I made a few changes in the shop.

I tried out two different 3rd party fulfillment companies for the merch. Both of them make the merch as ordered, and drop ship. Both of them have made excellent merchandise so far...but one of them has worked much better than the other in terms of the speed of fulfillment...and also integrates a bit better with the platform we used to build the Shop...so, I've now changed all the merch in the store so that this one company will do all the fulfillment going forward.

There are still a few open orders from the company we won't be working with any more, but I expect all those to ship this week. I appreciate the patience of the folks who have waited so long. These guys have been averaging about a four week turnaround, and I'm just not digging it. The other one is much faster...and they really do integrate much better with the Shop's engine from a design POV as well.

If you look at the store now, you'll see that a bunch of the merch has changed, as I had to design all new stuff using the system of the manufacturer we like.

An unexpected bonus is that anybody who ordered anything from the manufacturer we won't be working with any more now has a collector's item, almost all of them one of a kind.

If anybody has any questions, please do let me know.

Thx,

Mgmt :D

Thanks for the update Dave - I might not even wear mine, now they are to be limited (very) items hahaha! Except for the photo of course :)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

While I'm messing around with the MPN Shop, I made a special Keyboard Corner discount code for the shirt above and the "Mate Stubb Special". The only place I'm going to announce it is in this post.

Use the code KC20 at checkout for a 20% discount. Can only be used once, and only for either of the two Keyboard Corner shirts.

dB

• 2 weeks later...
Question (maybe stupid)- how do you send someone a gift card? Do you use your own email when checking out and then forward the email to the giftee when you receive it?

Sorry I missed this...

I believe you fill out the email address of the person to whom you want to send it....but it seems to me that you could send it to yourself and forward the info on how to redeem it if you preferred.

dB

Question (maybe stupid)- how do you send someone a gift card? Do you use your own email when checking out and then forward the email to the giftee when you receive it?

Sorry I missed this...

I believe you fill out the email address of the person to whom you want to send it....but it seems to me that you could send it to yourself and forward the info on how to redeem it if you preferred.

dB

I went with your latter suggestion and it worked fine. There's no way to include a note if you use the giftee's email address nor direct confirmation.

Thanks again Dave.

How about the Keyboard Corner tee shirt in white?

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2