Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Steal a man's wallet ...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember finding it quite funny when I first saw it and totally get the joke, however, I've found that music can actually be a sustainable, or even profitable, hobby if you're willing to do some actual associated work to make it happen. Few hobbies can boast that!

I've made music my profession for most of my life. No I didn't get rich, but I'm not poor either. The mortgage is paid and I have zero debt.

I wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night. In between I do what I want to do and what I love to do. That's priceless.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

There were only a few years when my life revolved around live performance, but my sources of income have ALL related to music in one way or another, aside from the time I started an ad agency for silicon valley companies back in the mid-70s.

I've bought and sold so many guitars I couldn't possibly list a tenth of them. Made good to great money on almost every one of them too.

I've seen the meme before, it isn't as funny as some bass player memes, to say nothing of banjos and accordions.

I guess if you buy the wrong brands of guitars new and cover them with stickers you could lose a lot of money...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.