Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I Like Reverb

yes, an important effect on my Kronos ;)

Really, I enjoy shopping the Reverb gear site.

Price Guide/Price History rocks.

I think trends on expensive stuff is useful.

Reverb does a good job presenting a quick chart and the data

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I stumbled on Reverb while shopping for my Kronos late last year, and ended up buying a mint K2 73 for a great price. I have kept it high on my search list ever since, and it is laid out well and has a substantial breadth and depth of listings.

As a seller, I found it pretty painless as well, but I also had a really good buyer. I've only sold one thing to be fair!

I'm finding it's a good place to buy acoustic guitars at least, especially if they are brands that don't tend to be in the big stores (like Eastman). Going to pick one up today. Extremely good reviews for the store, from thousands of reviewers, and they were very prompt in answering a couple questions I had.

Like Marzzz, I've switched from eBay to Reverb for selling musical instruments and related items. It is a superior option.

I do still check eBay completed items sometimes for price reference and there are deals on there due to the auction format.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Haven't used Reverb since Chicago Music Exchange sold them sounds like things haven't changed. Before I got into piano I had brought guitar gear off Reverb. I liked I could call Chicago Music Exchange and somethings the store couldn't deal on but goto Reverb and make offers and get the price I wanted. I found Reverb a good place to buy from and will use them if/when I decide to get more keyboard gear.

I bought an amp simulation pedal off of there a couple of months ago. Went well, seller was good (out of MI), no problems. Joyo isn't sold by most US dealers so it was my best bet. I also like their price history feature. Usually I will search there, then eBay, then Music Go Round Online, then Craigslist when looking around (Craigslist is last because there's not much in my area).

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

As someone in a relatively small/sparsely-populated area, it's kind of the only option for selling keyboard gear, unless you're willing to wait for the right local person to come by. I had things I'd put on craigslist on and off for over a year that never sold. A month on Reverb and there they went.

Where else do you guys think I find the Clavs that we agree are too expensive? :snax:

They're cool. I've sold a few items on there. I thought it was odd that they had a booth at NAMM, but they had displays with some cool old gear as well as some swag.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I sold my first item on Reverb just today! It"s been sitting on the site for 7 months and one price drop but it finally sold. Good experience.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I have bought and sold on Reverb since 2015. Never had a problem. Got some of my best deals there ever. I bought a brand new Waldorf Blofeld desktop unit for $350 years ago and sold it for $400 a few years later. Why do they cost $500.00 now new? :idk:
:nopity:

I've bought and sold on Reverb. Used to do the same with Ebay. After using Reverb, Ebay is just... no. :hand:

I find eBay clunky to shop on. Time consuming to get at the data, identify the ' best ' listings etc etc.

The reverb site is much easier on my eyes.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Ye

I've bought and sold on Reverb. Used to do the same with Ebay. After using Reverb, Ebay is just... no. :hand:

I find eBay clunky to shop on. Time consuming to get at the data, identify the ' best ' listings etc etc.

Yeah, what's up with ebay, it's like they try to make it less desirable to shop on. And if you get their app, they hold onto whatever the picture is and you're forced to deal with a screen that's much reduced in size as a result. But for that matter, SW is the only online site that presents the material that I find useful. There's often literally 1/2 to 1/3 as much info on GCs site for example.

So how about shipping on reverb? If I had a large item like a keyboard, they somehow arrange for you to get their lower shipping rate? How does that work?

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Ye

Yeah, what's up with ebay, it's like they try to make it less desirable to shop on. And if you get their app, they hold onto whatever the picture is and you're forced to deal with a screen that's much reduced in size as a result. But for that matter, SW is the only online site that presents the material that I find useful. There's often literally 1/2 to 1/3 as much info on GCs site for example.

So how about shipping on reverb? If I had a large item like a keyboard, they somehow arrange for you to get their lower shipping rate? How does that work?

Ebay should be better than it is and less costly to use, the fees are too high. I only sell the odd photography item on there since Reverb isn't for that type of gear. All music gear goes on Reverb.

Reverb offers discounts on shipping, primarily USPS and UPS, their FedEx discounts are OK but not great. That is one place eBay wins for me, they have a hefty FedEx shipping discount and a FedEx Office nearby.

As for shipping on Reverb (or Ebay), it works best if you are very good at packing your own gear for shipping, have access to boxes and/or cardboard. In San Francisco the Free section of craigslist is probably pretty good for getting boxes, bubble wrap and peanuts. If you get stuck with peanuts because it is "all or nothing", take them and then give them away again. Don't use peanuts to pack unless you dislike the person who purchased the item and want them to dislike you. Peanuts suck for heavy items like keyboards.

Pack for war, double boxed and lots of bubble wrap in between. Make sure it gets marked Fragile, I write Fragile Please on every side but stickers are better. Don't scrimp on packing tape either, make sure everything is secure. The last thing you want is a damaged item. With Reverb, pay their small protection fee, it is insurance covering the safe arrival of the item. Cheap if you ever need it.

Once you've got your package, weigh it, measure it (I just write these things on the package with a sharpie) and then go to your Orders page on Reverb. The item you sold will be there and after the buyer has paid (Reverb holds that if you use Reverb Pay, I like that way), you will be able to purchase and print a shipping label for you package. Tape that securely - I cut the excess paper off and cover the entire label with clear packing tape - and drop the package off att the shipper of your choice. Both you and the buyer will have a tracking number. I usually leave a 5 star positive for the Buyer once the package is in transit and send them a message thanking them for buying. Opening communications is important, another thing you hope you don't need but should have.

To backtrack a bit - ALWAYS take sharp photos and if there is any cosmetic damage put a penny close to the damage in the photograph. This lets the buyer know what they are getting. Describe ALL defects, you do not want a return and honesty will prevent that. 885 feedbacks on eBay and only 2 returns in 20 years - both something I overlooked.

Finally, where eBay shines is one of their "shortcomings" - they still have auctions and those often end at poorly chosen times. A poor listing title, bad photos or an inaccurate description on an auction that ends at 3am Monday morning can often mean an incredible bargain. I will bid early, once. This makes it so the seller must end the listing if they want to change the title. I won't look at it again until it has less than 12 hours on it. If things are going well I will get up early and drop anohter bid in the last 7 seconds. Gotten some great deals on amazing stuff that way. Cheers, Kuru

I also have had fantastic experiences on Reverb and prefer to use it over any other auction website when buying gear. Sellers seem to be really accommodating and straight to the point â far more so than on other sites. Recently a seller worked with me to have a keyboard shipped even though the listing was listed as a local pickup only. Obviously you need to take precautions and make sure that you"re dealing with reputable sellers and you have recourse in case of any issues, but I"ve never had any to speak of so far.

Another satisfied Reverb user here. :thu:

I still use eBay but Reverb is the 1st place I look to sell/buy gear. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I like buying on Reverb. Selling hurts when that end of the month charge from reverb goes through though.

Also,.the initial shipping estimate is always less than when I go to print the shipping label. That kinda annoys me.

I like buying on Reverb. Selling hurts when that end of the month charge from reverb goes through though.

Also,.the initial shipping estimate is always less than when I go to print the shipping label. That kinda annoys me.

I always overestimate the size of the box and the weight, not by much but enough to give me a small margin. Works out fine. Worst case, if I somehow went way over I could refund the difference. Hasn't happened yet.

• 9 months later...

I'm still a Reverb fan despite the fact that they just fleeced me out of 1.5% because the sale item was over $1,500. That's in addition to their usual cut. :laugh:

IMO, Reverb is still a better than eBay especially when it comes to selling and buying music equipment. It is the marketplace for musicians who know what they want. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I thought they had a maximum fee or something???

I'm not sure if the 1.5% (shipping insurance) tacked on to an item that sells for $1,500 or more is a new fee. :cool:

PD