Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Video Camera Recommendations (Livestreaming, YouTube)

I need a video camera for doing livestreams, YouTube videos, etc.(Gotta spend that Stimulus Check...).

I've been currently using my Samsung smartphone, which has decent video quality, but the audio has a lot of bad hiss noise. Conversely, the Zoom Q8 is exactly what I'm looking for featurewise, (the audio quality is amazing!) but the video quality is atrocious.

Wonder what you've all been using for your online performances.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use an iPhone 8 Plus with a Sirui 18mm wide-angle lens. For better sound, I use an iRig Pro I/O with an AT2021 condenser mic. I also have an iRig Pro Duo for two track recording. This small, compact setup made me realize that I will probably never own a video camera again. I love that it records direct to the phone so I can immediately edit and upload.

Future upgrades:

iPhone 11 Pro - the built-in wide angle is amazing and gets rid of the need for an external wide angle lens.

Rode Wireless Go

Stabilizer /Gimbal

I have been very happy with my Zoom Q2n for both audio and video as long as you can hang with the fairly wide angle shot. But if that doesn"t work, I also have a couple of Reds and a bunch of lenses I"ll sell you ð·

"Get an encoder. That"s the one thing you probably don"t have. This is basically a box that sends your video signal out to the world."

I think that this is correct and a non-obvious part of a working system.

The next question - what about integration with things like OBS for stream encoding and capture?

https://obsproject.com/

Most of the previous hardware solutions were aimed at the worship and corporate video markets. It feels like things are changing very rapidly.