Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My latest purchase

This could as easily have gone in Shameless Plugs, I guess, but...

I recently took advantage of getting a free copy of Spitfire Audio's BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover edition, already ridiculously cheap (50UKP) but if you filled out a survey and waited 14 days they sent you a download link for nothing. No legatos or soloists but at that price, you can hardly complain.

Long story short: I dug it so much that I ended up buying Core, the next version up (which adds soloists and extra instruments). I took advantage of an introductory 100UKP discount AND also got credited for the 50 bucks I didn't spend on Discover, so got a phenomenal orchestral library for 250UKP. There is a step up yet, which adds section leaders and many different mic positions but that's a bit rich for me at the moment at least.

Anyway, here is a quick little thing I put together and filmed in a single morning with the Discover edition (apart from the Cor Anglais in the intro, which is from the Logic library), the Vaughan Williams hymn tune Down Ampney ('Come Down, O Love Divine).

Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very engaging and impeccably rendered, Aidan. I'm not a mad collector, but their offer is tempting. I'm not QUITE at the point where I feel as if my orchestral resources are lush enough. I'm going to lean in and inspect Spitfire more closely, because that's the tone I'm looking for.

"We're the crash test dummies of the digital age."
            ~ Kara Swisher, "Burn Book"