Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oh, that Wacky Craigslist

Guitar center used would still be my used spot of choice as a buyer, granted not sure how selection would be moving forward. Mainly due to the convenience and also the money-back period. Won't see many unusual things on there though.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's long gone, but there was some sort of special edition Yamaha DX-7 on the Pueblo, Colorado Craigslist a while back. $4500!? Something about gold this or that. Not sure whether it sold or not - does anyone remember this beast? Was it real?

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

Guitar center used would still be my used spot of choice as a buyer, granted not sure how selection would be moving forward. Mainly due to the convenience and also the money-back period. Won't see many unusual things on there though.

I've come to like Music Go Round. Don't know if they are nationwide, but usually good selection and decent prices. Haven't bought any keyboards there yet, but I got an Apex stand, an acoustic guitar, a strat, a Line 6 Spider guitar amp, guitar stands, and a pair of JBL Studio Monitors. They've had some decent keyboards, just not anything I was in the market for. Some cool rack mount modules too. Came close to getting an Alesis DMPro drum module.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Yeah, I'm afraid GC came to their senses, their used offerings are not nearly as appealing.

It used to be that you had a nationwide database of offerings, all with free shipping and 45 day returns. Not sure when they made the change, but now you have to pay for shipping. Bummer. But it was kind of unreal that they offered free shipping in the first place, esp for the heavier items. Oh well.... back to CL!

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

I've come to like Music Go Round. Don't know if they are nationwide, but usually good selection and decent prices. Haven't bought any keyboards there yet, but I got an Apex stand, an acoustic guitar, a strat, a Line 6 Spider guitar amp, guitar stands, and a pair of JBL Studio Monitors. They've had some decent keyboards, just not anything I was in the market for. Some cool rack mount modules too. Came close to getting an Alesis DMPro drum module.

I believe they"re a franchise, all independently owned. Hence warranties, for example, will only be valid at the place of purchase. The guys at the Duluth, MN Music Go Round are top notch. When I had a major problem with my Krome after buying it used there, they fixed it for free under the thirty-day warranty. Granted parts were on backorder for over a month, but that was a national supplier problem, and once the parts came in they got it all done. They"ve gone out of their way to keep their customers happy.

Like any store there is always a crank or two, but overall I"ve been happy with them. I"ve also bought a keyboard (a Roland JV-1000) from the Roseville, MN location. Again they have been very helpful.

I"ve also had varying degrees of luck with Craigslist, EBay, and pawn shops for music gear.

For new stuff I always like to support the small independent music stores whenever possible. Hence why I will pay extra shipping to order items from the small shop in my hometown - they"ve always treated me well and I known the owners since I was a little kid. Not to mention they can meet or beat most online prices.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments