Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check out this midi joystick I built for my Mojo!

So.... say you've built a handful of these so you've got a process down. How long to assemble all these pieces and do the programming? How much do the parts add up to?

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

I would buy one in a second. One of my gigging controllers is an Alesis QS7.1, which are notorious for pitch/mod wheels going bad and not returning to zero.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Hahaha I missed this thread the first time around two years ago, and I'm also drooling over it this time around. Very clever, very cool! I've been using my Mojo as the core of my rig as well, but since my synths are all software, I've been getting around the pitch/mod situation with the ModWheels app for my iPhone (which sits right where your joystick does but I need to velcro down or something) and controlling the synths over Bluetooth.

I'm pretty sure Rabbit Bundrick used to have a setup where he would use analog synth modules to process his B3 with The Who; I really like your clonewheel/MIDI programming/analog synth variation!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

• 2 years later...

I came very close to going that route with iPad synths and a Mojo61, until I just said screw it and got a NS3C. The one thing I realized would be a potential headache is that the Mojo sends different kind of Velocity data depending on the patch it's set to. You have to be on a piano patch for it to send velocity other than 127. I just know that's gonna come back and bite me during a live show! Plus, the mute routing to switch between synths is more headache than I think it's worth.

My semi-final solution was to velcro a Behringer DeepMind12 to the top of the Mojo61, which gives a nice full surface area to put a board with very little overhead. But in my case, I was also really missing an AP, and the Mojo + DeepMind wouldn't be able to deliver. Hence the Nord.

• Like 1

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?