Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Westworld Scoring Competition

Here's a cool opportunity. Spitfire has teamed up with HBO for a scoring competition. Download the clip and take a swing at it. Have at it and post them in here. I did it over the weekend and it was a lot of to work with this clip.

Westword Scoring Competition

Here's mine:

[video:youtube]

For sounds:

Anything that resembles orchestra is Spitfire. I used things from their Symphony Orchestra, Studio Strings, and LCO.

Synths:

The bass arp/seq patch that runs though the whole thing is Omnisphere and I used Omnisphere for another pad, as well. All the other synths came from Arturia Pigments. There's probably 8 tracks of Pigments or more. I did use a minimoog when the rhodes solo happens.

Drums:

Superior 3.

Muted Trumpet...Sample Modeling.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that was incredible Linwood - when I read your description I was wondering how the Rhodes solo would fit in but it's perfect! I wish (a) I had time to have a go myself and (b) had the capability to do half as good a job as you did, just amazing!

Thanks, brother. Take a swing at it. I did it over the weekend since I had nothing going on. At first when I saw the length I almost passed, but once I started it didn't take so long. The prize would be nice, but just doing the work and being involved is enough on it's own. If nothing else, you end up with a nice demo with cleared footage from HBO which is something that's not easy to come by. Go for it!

Thanks, brother. Take a swing at it. I did it over the weekend since I had nothing going on. At first when I saw the length I almost passed, but once I started it didn't take so long. The prize would be nice, but just doing the work and being involved is enough on it's own. If nothing else, you end up with a nice demo with cleared footage from HBO which is something that's not easy to come by. Go for it!

That's a great point re: Demo - damn now I'm tempted :D

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, Linwood! That sounds like A LOT of work! I really dug the muted trumpets in the beginning and the Rhodes part in the middle. :thu:

I was also really tempted to do a version, but it came out nowhere as good as your's!

[video:youtube]

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.