Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The All-New All-Day KC Virtual Hang Fri & Sat! (May 29/30)

We are going to try something a little different this time, since we have forumites all over the world.

Sam is going to open it up at Noon Eastern Time on Friday the 29th and he will leave it open until Saturday morning. So you can feel free to join whenever you want, and hopefully there will be some others on. In fact, I thought it might be useful for people to post in this thread when they expect to be around (preferably in Eastern Time so we don't have to convert ;) ). I will probably fire up my client at noon and check in and out through the rest of the day while staying logged in but with video and audio off when I'm away. I might check in on Saturday as well, but that might depend on other things I normally do Saturday mornings.

Let us know when you think you might be joining us, and don't hesitate to drop a line to other forumites who might be less active on KC in case they don't see this thread.

See you Friday! Or, Saturday. Or, both.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds fun! It looks like my work day will be wrapping up Friday by about 4 pm Eastern, so I will try to join a few times probably around 4:00-4:30 Eastern and again a little later, depending on how many exciting plans are occurring that involve moving from one room to another in my house. Thanks so much!

Two Erics, and at least one of the Toms -- I'm in. Probably Friday afternoon, EDT.

Sorry, it's the other guy who traditionally brings the beer. I've got some nice jelly beans (and pretzels) if that helps.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Is there a link or a destination we need to access to get on when this happens?
So glad you asked. :grin:

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

I will repost this on Friday. I agree, the wide timeframe will mean we could miss each other -- we're going to try this particular experiment and see how it goes for everyone. It's been nice to have a lot of us in one place, but it's been particularly tough for Europe and the Aussies (also the name of the new synth dance project I'll be starting if I can't get together with other musicians soon). And as many of you have learned by now through work or other commitments, the more people there are in these videoconferences, the more unwieldy and less personal they can get, so we'll see how it goes this time.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

arrgghh. I'm hosting a jam in my back yard Friday afternoon, then joining my poker group for online poker that evening. I'll check in and out when I can. Thanks for setting this up.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

I'm in. I'll try to pop in Friday afternoon.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

It's Friday... That means it's OK to bring out the SPECIAL beer and celebrate. Right? :laugh:

I'm thinking that 5:00 PM New York time is a reasonable start time for me.

I look forward to seeing you. Please bring your music toys... and libation.

ITGITC? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo